I've been roofied twice. It's definitely gotten more common recently. Once was from my friend's friend, and the other time was at a bar :/ I did not get sick from them but it was definitely scary, and I felt AWFUL the next day. It was like I had to detox. The first time my friend got me out and I went home and just slept. This past time had a lot of blank spots, my friends didn't notice I was not ok for a while so I went with them to a random person's house (probably who roofied me). Long story short I woke up with huge bruises all over my right side, so I think I was slammed against the wall. But, I was ok.

Anyway, I can tell you in my experience that this doesn't happen a lot. Some tips: Never accept a drink from anybody unless its a trusted friend. I also try to go to the bar to order my drinks, and I watch them being made. I also try to get a female bartender. I know that's odd, but I feel like they'd be less likely to be "in on" a plan to roofie somebody. My mistake this past weekend was I got too drunk and ordered at my table instead of going to the bar, so who knows who made it or could have slipped something into it on its way to my table. I also put it down on my table and didn't watch it. You should always always hold or have your eye on your drink.

Don't be wary about going out, just stay vigilant to stay safe I hope you are feeling better!