Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Much needed vent

So I was out on a girls day with my aunt, my mom, and my grandma. Well when we were in the store and I was trying on some shoes while my mom was standing next to me with my babys stroller. Another child came over to look at him. The little girl was about 1 or 2. My son is still a baby. Well she kept getting uncomfortably close to him touching him, kissing him, blowing spit bubbles. Ya it was cute but I was more paranoid with the germs! Ugh. The little girls mom was standing there with her while everyone stood there and watched. I was trying not to say anything. Now I REALLY REALLY hope he doesn't get sick. Ugh. My baby is pretty dang cute. But i don't always like him getting so much attention.

Default Re: Much needed vent

Ooooooh do I hear ya on this one!

My son gets way too much attention. I don't mind at all if they wave and smile at him, of course, but there is always someone every time we go to the store, the library, ANYwhere that just feels the need to touch him. It makes me crazy. I actually had someone at a doctor's office ask if they could hold him once! Just some random parent in the waiting room. I said, "Um, he is getting shots and is already grumpy so it's not a good idea!"

How frustrating! That mother should have stopped her little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by sdd View Post
    Ooooooh do I hear ya on this one!

My son gets way too much attention. I don't mind at all if they wave and smile at him, of course, but there is always someone every time we go to the store, the library, ANYwhere that just feels the need to touch him. It makes me crazy. I actually had someone at a doctor's office ask if they could hold him once! Just some random parent in the waiting room. I said, "Um, he is getting shots and is already grumpy so it's not a good idea!"

How frustrating! That mother should have stopped her little girl!
    At a drs office? Oh my! Some people have alot of nerves sometimes. Waves are fine as well with me and smiles. I am not trying to judge but for some reason, it seems like the only people who try to touch my baby are the kind of people who are not very clean... The people who I trust and are clean dont touch him. But then again I trust them for a reason haha. They respect my wishes. But ugh. It makes me so mad!

We get the random people wanting to touch/kiss DD a lot too. In wal-mart, at the library, at the playground, etc. She is 1 yo and already a flirt...LoL!. It freaks me out to no end, but she's never caught anythig.
    Sdd-in the pedi's office...that is insane!!!
    Last edited by mamacat; 03-13-2013 at 05:07 PM.

I hate that!! I actually had a little tag that I kept on my daughters carrier and stroller that said "Please don't touch, your germs are too big for me" If people got too close, I just pointed out the tag if they hadn't already seen it. Some people and by people I mean strangers actually got offended!!! Really??? Don't touch my kid!! haha