Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

for those of you who read yesterdays post on me getting food poisoning you may have already predicted this would happen to me.

Because of that episode the emetophobia has got worse by the second. i've just eaten a sandwich and am petrified of it coming back up again -- i think im gnna have to go out and buy some liquid meal things becaause i am not feeling OK with solids at the moment.

i have lost about 6 pounds. i am back at my lowest weight now. ironically, i got a letter this morning from the local eatin disorder unit saying that they want me to let the CPN weigh me because i am at a critical weight and need to be checked on to keep an eye on any physical complications that WILL occur.

so now. not only have i got to fight emetophobia to let me eat.. i've got another battle on my hand.. the fight against anorexia too.

what makes it even worse.. when i thort it cudnt get worse.. my boyfriend just texted me saying he needs a break because he's too scared i'm about to die or something?! this guy has had anorexia and been in hospital 3 times himself.. doesnt he realise running away is going to make me about 15 times worse? He told me to forgive him and he will let me know when he feels up to talking again.

my life appears to be spent going around in circles... i'm like a flipping dog chasing atail...

sorry to rant again... i'm hoping you lot won't run away from me lke others..

Jen xxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am so sorry to hear you're not doing well. No matter what, you know we're all here for you. Try to eat, little steps at a time. Please try not to starve yourself... I know its hard when you're that afraid, because I know how it is to be that afraid. Just try to eat just a bite for me? If you need anything... AIM bexcelica

becky
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    <TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

Hi Jen,

I know that feeling-that noone else in the world understands or seems to support you. I know you have had this food scare, but it will get easier-you are bound to panic more now. I think you should just eat solid foods that you are really really safe with. This should build up your confidence before you try to eat bigger meals or anything.

You got the anorexia back on track last time and Im sure you'll be able to do the same again. Set backs like this arent helpful, and I cant stress enough with this phobia that you can spend years in therapy getting "better" an one incident and you're completley f**ked.

As for your bf Im sure hes just worried and he will support you he just needs some time. Hes obviously been affected before and doesnt like to see you suffering!

Sarahx

P.S-i went to the doctors an got some medication following your advice and they seem to be calming me down </TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

x Felicity x