Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default How do you deal with not knowing if your fever is indicative of the stomach bug

Just me again. I've managed to catch my boyfriends flu... I think. I'm running a 100.7 and of course, googling led to posts about scratchy throats leading to v* (or bunnying, as I call it)!

How do you reassure yourself when you have a fever that upon do not have anything that will make you bunny? The more I read, the more worried I get! So many people say a scratchy throat leads to bunnying and of course then it sets in. Panic!

Default Re: How do you deal with not knowing if your fever is indicative of the stomach bug

I have never, ever gotten the fever first when it is a sv. I always get the fever at the end. Usually I am relieved to see the fever comes b/c once it does my other symptoms end! Oh and I've never known a scratchy throat to lead to "bunnying".

Default Re: How do you deal with not knowing if your fever is indicative of the stomach bug

Sdd thank you so much! As my fever is rising I've become increasingly worried. I know this is so irrational of me to worry. My boyfriend didn't even have the stomach bug, just fever and aches and the such c: I've gotten to 101 but I will remember not to worry, or at least try to, haha.

I think the worst part is that my only symptom is that scratchy throat. I'm a teensy bit hot, but my body doesn't ache. I read that the fever can be the preceded to the illness,but honestly, as long as its just a flu I know I will be okay!

One of the worse things to do when you are ill or coming down with something is to google your systems. The internet is not a doc and can instantly play with your mind. I have never had a fever with anything other than just a plain flu. NOT a stomach thing, just the aches, sore throat, nose runny, all that good jazz. I have actually made my husband hide my thermometer on me so I am not constantly taking my temp cause that is what I used to do. I also agree with sdd, I have never heard of a sore throat lead to "bunnying". The only time I have heard of a cold/flu like thing (runny nose, cough, etc) is from coughing too hard and too much. Hope you feel better.

Thank you jellybn83! I may have my bf hide that darned thermometer. In just the past few hours I've probably temp checked 15 times. I told him what you said about your husband hiding the thermometer and I think he may follow suit.

It is a great idea. I have only had to ask for it once and that is when I actually had the flu and a temp of 101 and that is for work and I was so achy I knew I couldn't go in.

Oh, I remember I use to love the thermometer lol

I used to get strep throat about four times a year and never bunnyed (I like that, by the way) from it. That actually seems really crazy to me. Hope you feel better and recover very soon! Hugs!
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

You know, I had never heard of "bunnying" from strep, but my daughter does. She is only 9 though and she had strep throat all the time for a few years from 5 years to 8 years. I think it is something that young kids are more prone to have with strep...just like they do with influenza. My older daughter never "bunnies" from strep.

I've another silly question about this. If you have d* does that mean you have the stomach bug and will also bunny.. I'm becoming increasingly worried as my fever is still here and now instead of just a scratchy throat, I have a scratchy throat and mild d* ... I've avoided eating for the most part in fear of this haha.

D does not equal bunnying! Now, have you been only drinking fluids? If so, then that would explain the d as if you put only liquid in, only liquid will come out. If you have a fever over 100 for more than a couple of days while being on tyelnol, or something like that to help lower fever, then you need to call. Now, are you sure you still have a fever or just feel like it? Now, I have had plenty of colds/flu URI when I get d. Also upset stomach from the mucus draining into my stomach, so I try to eat crackers or bread or something to "soak" it up. Hope you feel better.

Thank you for the reply, again I really appreciate the kindness and understanding. I know that that's what this site is all about, but it's so nice to have people that aren't judging me for this fear!

I've been drinking fluids but probably not enough! About two-ish water bottles a day Definitely have the fever - I rescued my thermometer today and I was back up to 100.5ish. The food I /have/ had was soup, so I guess that would help explain it too.

I will go back to not worrying! Thank you so much!

No problem! Send me a PM any time. Try some tyelnol to help with the fever and keep up with the fluids. Add some toast or crackers. Feel better love. You have nothing to worry about....no bunnying!!!