Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

but I am freaking out now. I just used the bathroom at work, and I always use a paper towel to open the door. I always wait until no one is in there before I do it, but this time a lady came out of the stall right before I left. I "pretended" like I was using the paper towel to blow my nose, but then used it to open the door. The reason I am freaking out is I can't remember if I touched the door with it BEFORE I touched my nose with it. I really doubt it (I can't imagine I would!) but I am worried that any germs that were on the door handle are now on my nose and going to make me sick! I keep worrying about stupid this like htis lately, and I can't get myself to stop. Help!

i know how u feel read my post(i hate people)

little things like that stick in my mind all the time

just hang in everythings gonna be ok

would it help if i told you that i have not once got into the ritual of opening doors with paper towels e.t.c? and i have not got sick due to the lack of this behaviour, ever?

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My mother in law read a study that did a test of the dirtiest places in a public bathroom... and the door handle leading out of the bathroom was actually one of, if not THE, cleanest. Go figure.
    \"... and but for the sky there are no fences facing....\"-- Bob Dylan

I agree w/ all of the above. You will be fine. It's highly unlikely you, an emet, would have touched the handle w/ a paper towel before touching your face and even if you did think of all the people who touch the door handle then go out and eat and are fine. Most of my friends and family think I'm nuts because when I go out to eat if I use the restroom and obviously i wash my hands but I don't touch the handle when I leave, everyone else does and never get sick. that was the point of this too long reply lol. You'll be OK!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

If you usually use paper towels to open the doors, I think it becomes automatic and you do the rituals without thinking, that includes touching your face, nose etc. I feel that because the fear is always there, ways to avoid it are automatic. I had to use a hospital toilet after having my scan and was deparate to use the toilet and I don't remember the usual paper towels to open doors and avoiding touching surfaces 'routine' but I'm sure I did do it... I think......[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Annabel

x