Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Exposed to norovirus? :(

I went to my fitness class today and i talked to the instructor then she said to the class she had the norovirus, and now i'm so worried because i went up to her talked to her before i knew she had the norovirus and i'm worried shes passed it onto me i was so worried i couldn't carry on with the class and had to go home will i catch it off her? I'm gonna be panicking for 48 hours
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Exposed to norovirus? :(

That is so bad! Either she meant she had it and had now recovered, or she still had it. I would find that out, and if she has currently got it, I would complain, letting the management know that you it's got you considering changing gyms. There is also the chance she had a bit of d and called it Noro through ignorance. Either way, I'd talk to management.
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

I think she'd had it but shes recovered not too sure she didn't really say whether she'd recovered or not, i got told that employers advise u to stay off work for at least 48 hours if u have had a stomach bug, but i'm still worried i think u should have at least a week off work if u have had a stomach bug so u have fully recovered and won't pass it on to other people...Some people are so selfish and don't think of others! This has set off my anxiety like crazy
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think she'd had it but shes recovered not too sure she didn't really say whether she'd recovered or not, i got told that employers advise u to stay off work for at least 48 hours if u have had a stomach bug, but i'm still worried i think u should have at least a week off work if u have had a stomach bug so u have fully recovered and won't pass it on to other people...Some people are so selfish and don't think of others! This has set off my anxiety like crazy

Truly I don't think that the reason is that people are selfish. Many people simply can't afford to take time off of work for a week minimum. Other's would get fired for it. And most likely just don't think it's that big of a deal. It's important to remember that it's us emetophobics that have the skewed view of vomiting- most people simply find it slightly gross, not fun, but a fact of life. That being said, I understand your anxiety, however I don't see how you could have caught the virus from her, as it isn't airborne unless she vomited next to you. Even then it's not a guarantee you'd catch it!