Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Cruise....so anxious

My parents and my sister's family is going on a cruise at the end of this month and I am already freaking out that they will get a sv. I have been on a cruise and didn't catch anything (btw I did NOT know how much of a risk it is to get a sv when on a cruise when I went). Has anyone else been on a cruise and gotten a sv or know the statistics of your chances of getting one? I am so anxious that they are going to come back with sv germs and I will get it. By the way I have moved back in with my parents to save money so it makes it even worse!!!!!
    Last edited by Tera Roberts; 03-13-2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Need help....no one is replying!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Cruise....so anxious

I've never been on a cruise, but honestly I really think that they should be fine. For you, work on stopping the thought when it occurs (the what ifs, they're never good). Tell yourself they will be fine, and you will be fine, and forcibly switch your thoughts to something else.

Thanks HEH.....It's not a constant anxiety I am having but enough to upset me a couple times a day...I just know that it is going to get worse when they actually go and right before they are coming back.....uugghh just wish people would learn to wash their hands more and stay away when they have been ill.

Wow-you are brave! I'm a giant chicken but that's cause I'm scared of boats!
    Go and have fun. True, you do hear stories about noro outbreaks on cruise ships about once every couple years, maybe? Think about how many cruises there are in between where nothing happens! The odds are in your favor. On any given day, there are probably thousands of people on cruises that are smooth sailing (sorry....bad pun!)
    My colleage at work got married on a cruise ship. That same ship had just been in the news the week prior to the date he was leaving due to a noro outbreak! Needless to say, he went and they had a blast-no noro!
    Hope you have a great time
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost