Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Heartburn

Default Heartburn

Having a panic. I started some new medication in the past few days - stomach upset and heartburn can be a side effect. Today I've had a burning in my chest and throat. But I'm never prone to heartburn. It's getting worse in my throat. I am really scared about it being acid. Is this how you start with Noro? I have no other symptoms - but my throat feels achey and a little sore, a bit like just before a cold, and the discomfort is in my ears a little too. Is this a stomach thing or what? Really scared :/

Default Re: Heartburn

Hi littleflo,
    No, sounds like some nasty heartburn/indigestion, not SV. I had a lousy case of it myself just a couple days ago and it is a miserable feeling, but nothing to panic about.
    It might not be a bad idea to check with your pharmacist and see if you can take an OTC medicine to help the heartburn along eith your RX meds.
    Hope you feel better soon!
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Default Re: Heartburn

Thanks for the advice - Gaviscon is helping thank goodness. I was just a little worried as when my mum had Noro she had the heartburn sensation at the start and thinking it was just heartburn, treated it with OTC heartburn meds... But then the horror began. Could just be coincidence though as she's prone to heartburn. Well I've had this for a day or so now so I don't think it's Noro as that has a more sudden onset. Still, heartburn is very unpleasant - at first when I got the pain in my chest I though it was a heart attack!