Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Coworker, then roommate sick (though the latter because of pot brownies?)

So I started a new job this week. My second day (Tuesday) one of my coworkers came down with something - was v*ing every hour or so. She couldn't leave due to the nature of her job, but was sick all day.

I tried to be as careful as I could, but I didn't know where the sinks were and I had to touch a lot of things she did. Anyway, I brought home pizza (I washed my hands before getting the pizza, but not very thoroughly) for me and my roommates.

Tonight one of them got ill. She did have a weed-brownie a few hours beforehand and she looked really pale and "shaky" (the same way my coworker looked). I mentioned she looked sick, and then she realized she should probably make herself v*.

I think the pot hit her really hard (it was strong and she's not a regular user), but I've never heard of it making someone sick. She said she felt sick earlier (after eating a lot of sugary things).

I'm incredibly anxious, obviously. What if I get sick from my coworker? What if I get sick from my roommate? What if I got my roommate sick from my coworker?

Can someone help me out?

Default Re: Coworker, then roommate sick (though the latter because of pot brownies?)

Noone can tell you for sure you didn't infect your roommate, but if you had, you probably would have had some symptoms first, so I doubt it's that. I have heard of pot brownies making people sick before, so it very well could have been that. Was she sick just the once?

Default Re: Coworker, then roommate sick (though the latter because of pot brownies?)

Oh yeh, too much or too strong of pot can make you sick as a dog. I don't think you have to worry.

I reckon it was the brownies that made her ill
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was a cannabis/pot user for years and pot brownies, especially potent ones, are not good for newbies. I would say that is probably what made her ill.

I would say the pot brownies too. I've eaten some a while back and one time it was way too strong and I thought I was going to be ill.

I second the pot brownie thing... I was a daily smoker for years, and had a bad reaction to some brownies a few times. I couldn't imagine if she didn't use regularly what she would do. And if she wanted to make herself v*, it's a good indication of that, too. As freaked out as I am about v*, there was one time in my life where I considered making myself sick-- ate too many mushrooms... Yuck! Shew. I don't miss those days lol

A few of my friends who were users (they used to smoke it and put it on pizzas HAHA) and were usually ill if they put too much on the pizza, or were new to it and inhaled too hard while smoking it.
    In England we call it "whitey" or "whiteying" because they go really pale right before.

It is possible but highly unlikely your roommate was ill from the bug, I think you'll be okay.