Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My son is ill :-(

My 10 month old hasn't been well for a couple of weeks with a cold/flu type virus. Yesterday his eyes were stuck together in the morning and he has green discharge. Tonight he's started throwing up but I'm worried he's caught a tummy bug. Do u think it's more likely to be linked with his cold virus?

Default Re: My son is ill :-(

Oh my, at 10 months old it's extremely possible!! Usually with a sv, it's just that-- a sv! Is he coughing a lot? Is he eating well? How many times has he thrown up?

The upset tummy could potentially be from all of his extra mucus- my tummy can't handle it, I can't imagine a 10 month old's tummy!

Poor little guy My nephew is going through some troubles as well. Keep us updated, hope he feels better!!
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

Don't let anxiety win.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

His appetite has been rubbish for a few days and he's very grumpy. He was sick twice. It doesn't seem typical of a sv butIm worried now that it's sinusitis and could last for weeks.

Appetite and grumpy, I feel, is a result of his flu/cold. Definitely not related to a sv if it's been persisting for a few days and the throwing up just started tonight! My nephew was diagnosed with sinusitis- he got antibiotics and he's all better (all within 3-5 days too!) Just be sure to take him to a doctor if you haven't already, they'll be able to help you a great deal.

As for you, your anxiety should subside because 100%, I think your little guy is just overwhelmed. He's got a lot going on in his little body!

edit: I should mention my nephew is 14 months old too, so very close in age!
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

Don't let anxiety win.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thankyou. I'm feeling pretty nauseous now but pretty sure it's just anxiety. I might take him to out of hours doctor today.

Could be an ear infection. Hope he feels better soon.

Green is usually a sign if infection. And when I last had a sinus infection, the pain in my face was making me queasy, along with the nasty mucous. I wouldn't doubt if that was the cause of his probs.

It sounds like the cold. My kids have v many times due to one and its definitely caused by mucous. Have you taken him to the doctor? They may need to give him eye drops it sounds like conjunctivitis. My son always got it and the doctor called it guncky eye. It's contagious. I just got over it and have no idea how he got it. You should really take him in.

Hope he gets better soon. Poor baby.

Many times, my kids would have an ear infection that spread to their eyes like that. Pediatrician said it was normal to see their eyes have some iinfection on the side of the ear infection. They never even had fevers with them. I wld get his ears checked out. I'm sorry he is sick

how are things? mine has had a few bad colds and always has less of an appetite, I would definiely get him checked out and in the meantime just try to stay calm and be hygienic as you usually are.