Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: A Mini Victory

Default A Mini Victory

Today a close friend of mine text me to say she was sick and wanted me to come comfort her. I applied some hand sanitizer and figured I would just brave it.. Ended up cuddling right up to her when she then explained that she had not long v*. I could smell it on her breath which made me feel kind of uncomfortable but I somehow blocked it out of my mind.

Turns out she didn't have anything contagious so I'm not panicking now but I feel as if I've had a mini victory, I went right into the 'danger zone'. It's only a small step but I figure if I keep doing things like that, I'll be making progress.

~ Simm

Default Re: A Mini Victory

Yay!! That's amazing. What a great friend u are

Wow, that is absolutely amazing, you must feel on top of the world! I want to do it but I don't want to do it a billion times more!. Kudos to you!
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Thank you both for the encouragement! It was a liberating experience in a way but I don't think I'll be doing it again any time soon!

Good for you ! I am very proud of anyone that could do this. Right now, If I even hear that someone I may be in tough with, was around someone who was sick, I begin to really panic and stay in.

Quote Originally Posted by hershegal View Post
    Good for you ! I am very proud of anyone that could do this. Right now, If I even hear that someone I may be in tough with, was around someone who was sick, I begin to really panic and stay in.
    Thanks! I'm the same usually but for some reason with this particular friend I feel entirely comfortable. I guess part of my brain just switched off, I only wish it was a permanent effect!