Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Just overthinking.

I just moved to a new place yesterday, and eating out/takeout comes along with moving. I never ever ever eat out for fear that the food preparer is ill, but I did today because my fridge was empty and I didn't have the energy to do a proper grocery run. Now I'm paranoid about it and anxious that I will wake up ill tonight. I have colloidal silver (safe in small doses) and oil of oregano, which I will probably take 30 drops of tonight. Has anyone had luck avoiding illness with these? I also have Phenergan, but only a few left, and I don't want to take it just because I'm anxious.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

Default Re: Just overthinking.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it If you start to have stomach distress then it's more likely indigestion than food poisoning.
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you. I think the move has upped my anxiety, trying some chamomile tea to calm me down.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

Chamomile tea helps me too. I think it's great you can recognize how stress elevates your emet! I hope all goes well with settling in.
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree with Lizzo. I wouldn't worry about it - easier said than done, I know!! But honestly, people eat out every day and don't get sick so there's no reason to believe that the ONE time you do, that's going to be the time it happens.

I love chamomile too - it's so soothing and delicious.