Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default antibiotics side affects....

I have a skin infection, its not to bad yet but it will be if i cant get myself to take this medicine. My mom gave me the antibotics that were prescribed to her for something unrelated (she just decided she didnt need them). Obviously one of the side affects is n*. Ive been fighting myself for two days to take them. Its a 750mg dose but ive seen where it says to treat children under 110 pounds with only 500mg. Im twenty years old but i only weigh 104, does this matter? My reasoning is that its going to make the chances of side affects greater. I know your supposed to take it with food but im to nervous to eat. My plan was to eat and take it right before fell asleep. But when the time comes i cant bring myself to do it. ( the last time i remember getting s* i woke up in the middle of the night and it happened :/) I guess i just need some support and reassurance because as scared as i am i really really want to do this for myself.

Also, I would go to the doctor and get my own prescription but i cannot afford it right now.

Thanks everyone <3

Default Re: antibiotics side affects....

I would really advise you not to take abx that have not been prescribed to you by a doctor. If you know you have an infection, go to the ER and get some meds. They can bill you, or give you financial aid. Or, if there are any free/low-cost clinics in your area that bill on a sliding-scale, that would also be a good option.