Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feeling ill, need advice

Hello all,

So it's been a rough few days. I'm having very weird symptoms and I want advice.

After a brush with the stomach virus earlier in the week, I thought I was free from illness. I was exposed on Saturday, and felt perfectly fine up until Wednesday night. I had my boyfriend over on Tuesday and Wednesday. On Tuesday, I felt perfectly fine all day. Most of Wednesday, I was fine too. However, halfway through dinner I completely lost my appetite. I went from ravenously hungry to being absolutely appalled by the thought of eating food in literally the space of minutes. I had just begun eating, so it wasn't that I was full. I didn't really understand why, but I stopped eating for a while. I ate dessert, which was delicious, but I didn't feel great afterwards. I didn't think too much about it later on, but I felt a very odd feeling in my stomach, and it was making me restless.

That night, I woke up feeling extremely nauseous. My stomach was burning and felt extremely heavy. I kept feeling like something was coming up my throat, and but was being swallowed back down. I took a pheneregan and just sat and breathed, but I couldn't get comfortable. Laying propped up or on my back with my legs higher than my head made the sensation of a burning traveling up my throat more intense. Getting up and walking or moving made it worse. I just laid there for about 2 hours, shifting positions occasionally, shaking, panicking, generally freaking out, until the nausea passed, and I was able to sleep. The next day was terrible. I felt weak, exhausted, and nauseous. I drank a bit of flat sierra mist and felt terrible for hours afterwards. I managed to eat a little for dinner.

Next day, I woke up feeling fine. I was still tired, but I wasn't having any nausea. I still ate sensibly, making sure not to go with anything too harsh. I felt perfectly fine until about 3 pm, when I started getting that restless feeling in the pit of my stomach. This time, it came along with stomach cramps. I again didn't want to eat, and felt an aversion to food. That night, I woke up with the same symptoms as I had Wednesday night. Burning, the feeling in my throat, the harsh swallowing, but with added stomach cramps. I'm out of Pheneregan, so I just sat and panicked for a while, and after about an hour, the burning went away, but the restlessness remained for the next 4 hours.

Today, I woke up feeling fine again. I drank some water, and about 20 minutes after drinking it, I started feeling that odd feeling in my stomach again. I tried eating breakfast, but it didn't settle well. I'm now sitting here, with this horrible burning and cramping in my stomach, worse than its been the past two days. I also have slight intestinal cramping. As I'm writing this, the nausea is getting more intense, and the cramps more painful and frequent.

I just want relief. I'm so scared that I'll wake up feeling worse tonight than before. I'm having a sore throat and coughing, but I'm pretty sure I picked that up from my boyfriend, and that it's unrelated. He's feeling fine, by the way.

What I find strange is that I've had NO d*, at all. I've had slight dizziness, fatigue, and exhaustion, but nothing bad since Thursday. However, right now I'm getting hot flashes, shivers, and dizziness. I just want relief from this. Any ideas on what it could be or what I could do to make it a bit better without Pheneregan? I've been told to wait it out one more day before going to the doctors, but at this point, I just wish it would go away.

Sorry for the rant,

Moon

Default Re: Feeling ill, need advice

Have you tried an antacid? The burning feeling in your stomach and throat make me think a bad case of indigestion. Also, indigestion can cause a sore throat and coughing from acid. I would try pepcid or zantac and see if it helps. I hope you feel better!

Do you have ginger or chamomile tea? Those might help

I get those exact same feelings, and I take two antacids and like magic, gone! Hope you find relief soon! X
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch