Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Need some support please :(

I feel like I'm having a 'scare' more often than ever at the moment but yet again this feels just as real as the last...

Basically I'm on this medication which is pretty strong and can cause stomach-based side effects. So I'm laid here in bed and I've got terrible acid reflux and I'm really constipated - sorry for TMI... I know it's probably the meds but as per usual I'm fretting about Noro. Can symptoms like constipation make you feel a little unwell and n*?

I am also worried it's not the meds as it's early Sunday morning now and the last dose I took was Friday night, and I didn't take one last night as I stayed with my boyfriend and didn't have any of it at his house. But surely it's still in my system right?

To make matters worse I was around someone yesterday who claimed she had food poisoning but now I'm paranoid she actually had a bug.

I feel bloated and I know that's a sign of Noro so I'm going crazy.

Sorry if I sound silly

Default Re: Need some support please :(

You don't should silly, you sound scared.
    If you are backed up, that can most definitely make you feel yucky and uncomfortable. The meds you are on are also still probably in your system; it takes a few days for them to get out.
    I know it's hard to not immediately think "noro", but it really doesn't sound like it at all to me.
    I hope you feel better soon
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

I agree, constipation can make you n* and really uncomfortable. I think you will be fine.

Constipation can definitely make you feel nauseated I can attest to that. If your medication is constipation you that bad get in touch w the doctor to see if you can add a fiber supplement to your regimen so you can start goin normal again.

Thank you so much everyone... I feel ok-ish now l, no n*, but very bloated and uncomfortable. Think I need to go back to the docs and see what he says.

Is Noro season nearly over now?! Surely it must be... It's emotionally exhausting thinking every twinge in your stomach is Noro.