Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default So scared it's going to happen tonight!

My stomach has been feeling very bad over the past few hours....very hard and distended and I'm having pains high up between my ribs and throat n. It's hard to describe-it doesn't feel like indigestion, ibs or any of my regular problems. None of my normal things are helping (pushing down hard to break up the bubbles, reclining back, sitting outside, etc). I had a panic attack about two hours ago and it's subsided a little, enough that I can type but I don't feel like I'm out of the woods yet.
    My husband keeps telling me I'm not going to v cause my mouth isn't watering (it's actually pretty dry). What I'm scared of is that this is the beginning of it, and it's going to hit full force in a couple hours.
    I had an SV that hit me on a Sat nite/Sun morning about 5 years ago.(luckily it was d only, but there were 2 times i think i was supposed to v, but fought it off somehow. Since then, anytime I feel bad on a Saturday is cause to scare me. I keep trying to compare how I'm feeling now to how I did then and I'm so scared the same thing is going to happen again.
    Can someone please help me understand if this is what n feels like?
    Any info or input would help so much!
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Default Re: So scared it's going to happen tonight!

Reading this makes me glad I have dompreidone and Lorazepam. What drugs do you have at hand?

It sounds like a stubborn case of gas pains to me. When I have that happen, sometimes it makes me n* as well. How are you feeling now?

Hey girl, you're okay, I get this exact feeling sometimes and I freaked out too, becauseit's such an intense bloating. I've no idea what causes it but usually a cup of peppermint tea fixes it within 10 minutes. Sometimes I chew a Quik-Eze to completely calm it as I seem to need to burp alot too. How are you doing now?
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Well, I made it through the night and I no longer look like I'm 3 months pregnant, but the pains are still there, but not as bad as last night. It doesn't feel gassy or anything so I don't know what the heck is going on :/ hopefully those terrible feelings don't come back-that scared the heck out of me.
    Thanks so much for the replies!
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”

Sounds like bad gas to me as well. I agree with mamafear, peppermint tea is amazing! I also have gas pills around the house. they work wonders. Feel better.

Hi. I am new to the site but your post has really struck a chord with me. I have many different films and songs that I won't listen to because I have felt unwell whilst they were on before. I stay well away from anything that I associate with feeling unwell!
    To me, it sounds more like bloating and I would suggest having some peppermint tea? Always works for me. I understand how you feel though its the not knowing that is scary!
    Keep strong and keep distracted!

Could you possibly be constipated? I get really bloated like that when I am and look pregnant too! I am sure it's not an sv as you are better today.

Well, think I'm going to make it through unscathed this time. I'm still feeling off today-my upper abdomen feels like it's twisting and constricted....don't know what all that's about :/. It's been almost 24 hours since I started feeling really awful so the only thing that's keeping me rational is the fact that I'm not having more symptoms and if it were SV, I'd probably feel worse by now-so I hope

Agreen-I know exactly what you mean about avoiding things that remind you of feeling sick. I'd mentioned earlier about some SV I'd had about 5 years ago.....I had to throw away my bra, undies and pjs I was wearing that night. I couldn't even stand looking at them in the drawer cause all I could think of was that night IT almost happened, like having them around was bad luck....never mind the fact that I'd worn them all before.....argh!

Thank you to everyone for your kind and supportive words, it means the world to me to have you guys to lean on. My hubby is amazing with me but I can tell he gets exasperated cause he cant "fix" me when I'm like this. He's very logical (I am too-usually!) and no matter how hard he tries, he just can't comprehend why I can't rationalize myself out of these spells. You guys are amazing
    Jennifer