Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Organic Unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar

This is a great remedy for food poisoning, stomach flu, even relief of IBS symptoms, Gerd... anything to do with the gut. I use it myself and apparently a lot of other people swear by it too: http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/food_poisoning2.html

Remember, it has to be the pure organic unpasteurized kind with the "mother" in it. Not the clear cheap stuff you get from the grocery store. The "mother" is what's said to have the healing properties. For those who don't know, the "mother" is the sediments that make the ACV cloudy.

Oh and shake the bottle before you drink it so you do get some of the mother in you.

Default Re: Organic Unpasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar

Is this something that should be taken daily, or just if you feel ill?

I drink it on occasion. The taste alone makes me want to vomit...whether I dilute it or not lawl. Do not neglect to brush your teeth post consumption. I can literally feel the enamel eroding away after I drink it...good lord.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by hershegal View Post
    Is this something that should be taken daily, or just if you feel ill?
    You can take it as you need it or every day as a preventative, especially if you're on vacation and want to avoid stomach issues. You can take a tbsp before or with each meal. Most people dilute it in water because it's very acidic and can burn going down. What I do is I knock back a tbsp like doing a shot and then chase it with a glass of water.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    I drink it on occasion. The taste alone makes me want to vomit...whether I dilute it or not lawl. Do not neglect to brush your teeth post consumption. I can literally feel the enamel eroding away after I drink it...good lord.
    I really like the taste of vinegar but if you don't, try mixing a tablespoon of the vinegar in a glass of water and sweeten it with some honey. Doesn't have to be a huge glass of water either.

Where can u buy this kind of ASV? I've been doing the orangish brown kind from the grocery store

Health food stores for sure but I'm seeing it more and more in the major supermarkets as well.
    Or you can buy it online http://bragg.com/products/bragg-orga...r-vinegar.html

Love the idea of drinking it every day. Have two bottles in my pantry. But ugh, the taste. Makes me nauseous.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

You don't necessarily have to drink it. You can use it the same way you would any normal vinegar: in a salad dressing, in veggies, on fish and chips, etc.

I'm weird but I absolutely love the stuff. I use to drink it in high school. I love the taste!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was drinking it daily for about a week or so. I definitely think it could have great benefits if one could get past the taste. It's the AFTER taste that gets me... Or, maybe it's just the after "feeling," but it's all hot and acid-y-- like v*. :/. I would do it, though, but I started having some pain in my abdomen while drinking it. My GI said I needed to wait until my gastritis had a chance to heal before I drink again. Apparently it's not a good idea with gastritis?

Quote Originally Posted by jennjt View Post
    I was drinking it daily for about a week or so. I definitely think it could have great benefits if one could get past the taste. It's the AFTER taste that gets me... Or, maybe it's just the after "feeling," but it's all hot and acid-y-- like v*. :/. I would do it, though, but I started having some pain in my abdomen while drinking it. My GI said I needed to wait until my gastritis had a chance to heal before I drink again. Apparently it's not a good idea with gastritis?

Hi Jennjt,

How are you? I was just curious if you received my PM I sent to you ?

Quote Originally Posted by jennjt View Post
    Drink it like a shot. If you don't know the proper way to do a shot it's easy: Have your tbsp of vinegar measured out and a glass of water poured. Drink the vinegar in one shot and before you swallow a second time, chase it with water (takes a couple good gulps). There will be no taste or after-taste and no burning.
    Last edited by chris_alice; 03-21-2013 at 10:09 AM.

Hmm, I read that this is good for gerd, and bad for gerd. A lot of conflicting information out there. I bought some of the good stuff with the 'mother' lol, and I found the smell a little off-putting so I never tried it.