Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Well. I just v*ed.

I drank two Ensure shakes back to back about an hour ago and got extremely full and nauseous. I knew it was going to happen. I tried to fight it the best I could. Took activated charcoal, ginger capsules, and a Phenergan suppository, and still got sick in my kitchen sink. I couldn't stop crying afterwards. I'm not nauseous anymore but I have a dull pain all over my stomach. I really hope it doesn't happen again...
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

Default Re: Well. I just v*ed.

this exact same thing happened to me in December. I was forced to drink two boosts in like 5 minutes and it made me puke so gross I'm sorry it happened to you it was only from drinking such strong liquids so fast so chances are your stomach will soon calm down and you'll feel better. try eating a few crackers if you can manage, it'll get the icky nutritiony taste out of your mouth. hope you feel better<3

I don't think I'll be drinking those things for a looong time. Thanks for the reply. <3

Once the phenergan has a chance to absorb, it should work for you. How are you feeling now?

at least it'll just be a once off, not from a bug. hope your feeling better
    feel free to check out my tumblr; Em's Flying- laughing in the face of anxiety
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<3 <3 <3
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <3 <3 <3

I'm so sorry to hear that you had to go through that. *hugs* Unfortunately, your stomach can only hold so much at a time and two strong liquids close together would have filled it up pretty quickly, so the excess had to go somewhere. I would have thought it was a one off though and now that there is room in your stomach it should not happen again. Hope you feel better soon.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

Hugs hon. I hope you are calmer and feeling better (

Kick emets a....

Aw Jade, so sorry that happened to you!
    Those ensure drinks can be brutal-I lived on them once for about a week when I had a bad tooth infection and those suckers really do fill you up-I can't even look at them anymore without feeling 'blech'. More than likely, it was just way too much liquid all at once and your poor belly just couldn't handle it.
    Hope you were able to get some rest and are feeling better!
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

Sorry you were ill. Glad it was just from the drinks though. Hugs! How are you feeling now?

You're so brave Jade! I hope you're feeling better!!
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Hey guys! Thanks so much for all the kind support. It was a one time thing and I felt so much better after.

I'm glad you feel better and that it was only a one-time thing! HUGS You should be proud of yourself, you faced your fear (even though you had no choice!) and survived splendidly! Crying is OK! :-)
    ---
    Never trust a skinny cook!

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I'm glad you're feeling better, and you should be proud of yourself.

You seem to have handled it alright! and Thats very good sorry it happened tho..maybe u know better next time lol yuk
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

I'm so sorry you had to go through something like that! Very happy you are feeling better. The fact that you lived through it with your head up high in the end is inspiring, definitely something to be proud of!
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

Don't let anxiety win.

I am so thrilled to see how well you handled this! Way to go girl

I'm sorry that this happened to you . I am glad that it was a one time thing though!

That sucks that you got sick but you handled things ok. It's ok with the crying too that helps to help you feel better sometimes too.

So happy for you that it was just a one time thing...still is obviously icky but you seem to be handling it very well! I always cry after v* or after any situation and it makes me feel better always

Good job with handling it Jade! I've had too many of those Ensure drinks before when I had my wisdom teeth out and they really do a number on the stomach!

Your okay, so that proves that you can handle anything! It being a once off incident makes it less traumatic, and you know exactly what caused it. Great job not getting too anxious after the fact, having a cry is a good thing Helps to release tension. I hope your okay now!

What are ensure drinks, Iv`e never seen them in the shops here.

They're nutrient protein drinks, often drank by people who need them as meal replacements or meal supplements. I drank them when I wasn't eating. I do remember them making my stomach feel bad if I drank the whole thing, so I can only imagine drinking two!! You handled this so well, you should be proud of yourself.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I suppose that theyr`e similar to stuff called nutriment, I remember drinking one can of that stuff once, starting on another & having to stop because I was feeling sick.

You survived it, coped fine and your body did its own thing - what it needed to do.
    I'd be inclined to say I'm not sorry you threw up, I am really sorry you had to experience the distress through it.

One must come to accept that vomiting is just a natural process. Imagine if you treated peeing with the same level of anxiety - it would be torture. But just as noone gets excited about peeing, we should take the same "it just happens" attitude to vomiting too. While none of us will ever be perfectly happy to just accept it, I will always do everything in my power to avoid it happening, I'm trying hard not to go a bit crazy with the anxiety of it. And when it happens to me next time I'll to address it in a similar way to when I go pee - clean myself up, close the lid and flush. I'll probably complain that it didn't feel good at the time, for sure. But as you said, you felt much better after.
    Just a thought in the few months I haven't been on here