Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Exposed?

Default Exposed?

Yesterday I went for a meal with a friend... She was feeding, holding, kissing my little girl. She went for a poo before we left and she said she washed her hands after. Anyway, today she just called and said last night she woke up and V* everywhere and has been V* all day today and had bad D*. She said she thinks it was the chicken she ate... Now if it was a SV* am I at risk?! I was more relaxed about hand washing, putting hands near mouth etc yesterday as I'm trying to be normal. This has just thrown me back into a state of panic!! How long would it take for symptoms to come out? Am I going to catch it? Will my little girl catch it? .. They even shared the same spoon when having ice cream!!!

Please help! God I wish she never told me as ignorance is bliss!!!! :-( please help!!!

Default Re: Exposed?

It's been about 24hours now until I last saw her

Default Re: Exposed?

Most likely if she was not showing symptoms when you were with her, you should be fine. Sharing a spoon won't have been a problem because she was not v* yet. The virus (if it is one) is not present in saliva unless someone has just v*.

I shared a drink with one of my kids the night before they showed sypmtoms of a virus, and I didn't catch it.