Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ate what she cooked and she was sick on sunday :\ HELP ME!!!

I went to a co workers going away dinner tonight and she mentioned she was sick all of sunday. Of course my emet mind asks "what kind of sick?" and she said she was V* all day long. Of course, I panicked. She was preparing the entire dinner we were eating and it was a going-away event so I didn't have the heart to say anything. Not wanting to be rude, I ate what she made. Not a lot of it, though. Which was kind of embarrassing in itself. One of my best friends was with me and tried to ask my co worker questions and made her sick (because she knows about my phobia) and she said it may have been a new medication she started taking because it hit her in the middle of the day (and i know sv* usually (but not always) hit at night). But I still cannot help but panic like crazy. I am so scared and drinking grape juice like a crazy person. I just need a little reassurance or maybe some additional prevention tips? I just feel like I've already consumed it and now it's just a time bomb HELP!

Default Re: Ate what she cooked and she was sick on sunday :\ HELP ME!!!

I'm sure your coworker had the common courtesy to wash her hands prior to preparing the meal. Not to mention, the temperature was likely high enough to kill any bacteria or viral particles that may have come in contact with the food. I also neglected to notice that she stated she started a new medication. Any unfamiliar substance can wreak havoc on the system at first until it adjusts to the foreign chemical. I would say your chance are slim to none. Hang in there. Try to rest and just take care of yourself! I really do not think you are going to be ill.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Default Re: Ate what she cooked and she was sick on sunday :\ HELP ME!!!

Oh you are so sweet to have gone and eaten it anyway! I have been unfortunate enough to eat four meals so far in my life prepared by a sick person/s The first one, (my sis in law) has a bit of a relaxed attitude about all bugs. Well she cooked us all Christmas dinner while her and her daughter both had an Sv, (daughter helped cook too). Although I had my children skip the baby pasta salad, as all three of her children made it, we ate everything else and not one of the 21 guests fell ill. The other times, (3 separate occasions) we never contracted it either. I am super confident you're fine. Xx
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch