Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Freaking out a little and frustrated with myself.

Today has been pretty good. Until this afternoon. I've been having some pretty sulfuric gas *ahem* downstairs and am just trying not to freak out about it, reasoning that it was from the oatmeal I ate this morning and yesterday as well as the popcorn I ate at the movies yesterday.
    I was doing okay, I made a huge list of why I would be fine. All the usual things like I hadn't eaten any high risk foods or been exposed that I was aware of, my sister is fine and she has a sensitive stomach/crap immunity etc,. And then I remembered that my mum or sister ordered steamed dim-sims for dinner last night and all that went out the window...over a bit of minced pork. I'm now freaking out that I am actually going to get sick from eating them last night. Ugh.

Default Re: Freaking out a little and frustrated with myself.

You'll be fine.. You sound like me.. Ill rationalise everything everytime I feel ill (pretty much all the time!) then ill remember one thing and panic which to be fair isn't going to be bad for me or make me ill. Just relax and take breaths. I was exposed to a sv* 60 hours ago and will be on tender hooks until a week has passed... Not fun at all... I feel sick constantly and have tummy pains. It's not worth it :-(. Every night since then has been a battle and I have an anxiety attack. We create all these things in our mind and we need to try and be strong and realise it!

Sorry for rambling just wanting to tell you to stop worrying as you'll be fine.. IF you had FP from the pork, which you DON'T, I've heard it comes out like 7 hours after consuming it .. So your FINE!!!!

Default Re: Freaking out a little and frustrated with myself.

Thank you, rationalizing helps me a bit. Especially if I can talk to my dad about it, he's pretty good with reminding me that whatever I'm panicking over is super unlikely to happen without being mean about it (the rest of my family just tell me I'm stupid and stop going on about it). You are right, it is all in our heads, but it's so hard to make it stop. I had some soup for dinner and am now just trying to keep distracted and calm.