Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Freaking out as usual

So today I was over a friends house and I started to get a weird feeling in my stomach kind of like butterflies, then I started feeling n* and got convinced that I am going to v*, I was shaking it was awful
    Anyway my brother had sv* recently he v* on Sunday night
    I felt very sick and had d* yesterday and this morning so I think I may have caught his sv a bit, what do you guys think?
    I've also been dry heaving all week do you think it's from nerves?
    Also if I had the d* yesterday and my brother was sick Sunday night (the 17th) do you think I'll be okay tonight?

Default Re: Freaking out as usual

It's been almost a week since your brother had his sv* so I would doubt that you would have gotten sick from him or have what he had-usually you would see symptoms anywhere between 12-72 hours of exposure to the sv*. My guess is that the heaving could have come from nerves as well, and possibly even the d* since I know when I'm incredibly anxious I can trigger d* for myself. Just try to relax as much as possible & I hope you start feeling better soon!

Thank you so much, yeah it's been a while since he's been sick so I was hoping that I was past the stage where is actually have symptoms.
    I want to just relax and go to bed but I have this horrible fear of waking in the middle of the night to v*

I really think it's pure stress.