Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Will Ibuprofen cause nausea?

Will 200mg of Ibuprofen cause nausea?

I have a massive toothache! My health insurance doesn't cover any of the dental procedures I need so I suffer till SSI goes through. Had tooth infection since 2008. Toothache getting me dizzy and walking is labored; tired. Dizzy too. Toothache is getting me nauseated already. Tooth is left bottom wisdom. Whole left side of face is in pain and numb. Headache too. I think there is something stuck in my cavity but I can't reach the cavity without aggravating the nerve.

I can chew normally but I'm already nauseated. Will 200mg cause nausea on an empty stomach? I have 12.5 mg Promethazine too. Do I take 25mg of Promethazine with Ibuprofen? Supposed to take Promethazine before I sleep, which is 3 hours. If I take them now, I go over my dose for the day.

Default Re: Will Ibuprofen cause nausea?

I've never had nausea from ibuprofen, and I usually take 400mg of it. If you're really concerned though, have a bite to eat or some milk or something that coats your stomach and that should help prevent anything!

I was already nauseated before I took the pill...
    I'm chewing and forcing myself against my will to eat a piece of this hotpocket right now. Very small piece cause I don't want to upset stomach anyfurther. I took Phenergan too so hopefully that helps. I've never forced myself to eat while nauseated but this pain is overriding my phobia and kinda making me lose my sanity.

Okay my stomach is kinda nauseated but actually hurts. The pain is causing the nausea. It is a kind of wavy pain. Everytime this wave comes in, I feel the nausea with it. Why did the Ibuprofen hurt my stomach before affecting my tooth? Why did it hurt before the Promethazine kicked in?

Yes. I can't take it because it makes me v*

If you're worried about interaction between promethazine and ibuprofen you need to contact a pharmacist or a healthcare provider that knows you. That being said, from personal experience I know that ibuprofen does cause upset stomach. Most NSAIDS are hard on the stomach and can lead to ulcers if you take them without food. You can remedy this problem by taking them with a small snack.

I think the more pressing issue is the painful toothache. I'm not sure what SSI is, but is there no non-profit or pro bono dentist that can help you? In Victoria we have a community non-profit agency that provides free dental work to those living on low income or benefits. An infection can lead to worse problems that a bit of nausea from ibuprofen.

Wishing you luck. Be well.
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm concerned for your tooth as well. Is there a dental school, or a sliding-scale medical clinic near you? You really need to see a dentist, if at all possible. The ibuprofen should be fine as long as you had a bit of food with it. The nausea is probably from the pain you have been in. I hope you are able to get your tooth taken care of soon so you can feel better.

Iv`e taqkien Ibuprofen loads of times without any problems, but it may cause vting in people with very sensitive stomachs.

I have never had any problems with Ibuprofen. In fact, last summer I was having to take 800 mg Ibuprofen for an injury and was fine. It can definitely be hard on the stomach lining if you take it for long periods of time, but I took it a lot (can't take narcotic pain meds) and had no ulcers, etc, show up in an upper endoscopy. I had some mild gastritis,which I think MAY be from long term use of NSAIDs but who really knows? 200 mg ibuprofen should be no problem if you're just taking it til you can get our tooth fixed. Make sure to eat with it. I'm right there with you-- have a root canal scheduled for Thurs this week . Its not good to have tooth pain for that long though! I would be surprised if 200 mg even touches the pain . How much longer do you have to wait?!

Sorry I didn't respond! The toothache went away yesterday morning though the dull pain is still here. Uhmm SSI is supplemental security income; social security benefits. I was gonna wait till I started getting money from there so I can pay for my teeth work. I went to me dentist, but he prescribed me antibiotics and those made me vomit last time I taken those so I'm NEVER taking them

No.. I've never had nausea from taking them, and I used to take four on some days because of the pain I used to get during my cycle. I never felt nauseous whatsoever.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"