Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Just Uneasy

Default Just Uneasy

I'm sure this has been posted many times. But I've been feeling mostly good today. But when I feel good it's not a relief like yay! I feel good. Instead of feeling good I'm scared I'm gonna be sick. Like its too good to be true. I want to be happy, but yet I'm plagued by the thought that it means something bad.

Default Re: Just Uneasy

That is exactly how I have been feeling since about October or November. It was as if once my emet came back so severely, I cannot go one day without immediately thinking that the good I feel will soon be gone and I'll have caught either noro or some other illness that will make me v

I've been uneasy for awhile. This season seems to be the worst for my emet for some reason. I keep thinking any moment me or someone else in my house will be sick. But I've been keeping up with my vitamins and these wonderful probiotic I found. I've been going to the gym too which makes me more nervous. But I try really hard to not touch my face. But today I woke up and cleaned my house real good and I'm sore but otherwise I feel fine. Which makes me think either something is wrong or something will be wrong.

Bakogirl, I totally understand what you mean about feeling more nervous since you have been going to the gym. If it makes you feel better (it does me!), I have been in the gym for years, 3-5 times a week and have never (scared to say that! Like I'll jinx myself, but in trying to be factual lol) caught a sv. In fact, when I had Noro in Oct of 2011, we had been on vacation before, so I hadn't been to the gym in a week . I always wash my hands VERY thoroughly before I leave, try not to touch my face, etc. I even wipe down my water bottle, but so far so good! Exercise is good for the immune system as long as you're not overtraining.

Jennjt -- I know what you mean I wipe down everything and never touch my face! and Bakogirl, sometimes I will go a whole week without even thinking, gosh so and so is gonna get sick and then... it hits me and I get paranoid and anxious!

I definitely watch myself at the gym. I don't know who's been there and what goes on in their lives and I'm glad I don't. I got irritated yesterday and it shouldn't have. But my grandma just recently caught a SV. So she hasn't been well for the last few days. She said she needed a few things and my dad said to call me to get them. Which I wouldn't mind as long as I didn't go in. But she said no I'm too sick for help she was going to go herself. And that makes me mad. Those who go out sick rather than seeking a little help. Many people do it and its aggravating. One reason I hate going to stores. Plus I wish I had my own garden so I wouldn't have to worry about food contamination. Ugh... I hate how my mind works. If anyone knew how it worked or if they could read my mind they'd go running for their own sanity. I try to look at my emet as a illness itself.