Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default does cold weather make sv more prevelant?

Wev`e been having some apalling weather here in the UK recently. It`s been very cold for the time of year, & it`s actually snowing outside. I`m just wondering if very cold temperatures will lead to an increase in sv`s, or does freezing temperatures kill these bugs?

Default Re: does cold weather make sv more prevelant?

Great question! I was actually wondering the opposite though!. We've had a crazy warm summer high twenties +, and Sv's have never continued through summer before but they have this year!.
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

My theory is any extreme temperature that tends to make people stay indoors (all cooped up) would exaggerate the spread. Here, it's more prevalent in winter, just because people are inside more, spreading germs. I would think the same thing would happen if it were super hot out and people stayed indoors. I was always confused, though, because Noro was once called "the winter v* bug," I think...?

I wonder this as well. This winter has been just awful here. Cold and hanging on forever! BUT, last winter it didn't snow and didn't get very cold. So I wonder if the temperature not getting cold enough led to more germs this winter? I don't know.

It is much more prevalent in winter. We caught it in the summer last year, but that was a first for our family. I think it's just really bad this year. Thankfully, the season is almost over for both the US and the UK.

Same. There's a few inches of snow outside on the ground here and there's more to come apparently... Wonderful. I agree with Jenn though with everyone staying in doors and stuff. That's what my Mum told me as well. Apparently this cold weather in the UK is going to last until mid April time... :/
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Although noro is around all year long I feel it's presence comes alive more obviously during winter seasons as more ppl are indoors and a lot of ppl have absolutely terrible hygiene habits which only encourages the spread of it. It would seem that in extreme hot temperatures this theory would be true too but I think ppl tolerate heat way better then they do cold because it's easier to cool off in heat then warm up in cold, so there are more ppl enjoying this extreme temp then the other .... Just look at Vegas. I don't know if this is the real reason but that's how I rationalize it to myself