Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

&his friends always talk about it and pretend they're going to puke around me constantly. One does puke a lot too, and it scares me a lot.

We were suppose to go see the movie District 9 tomorrow but thanks to the film list I discovered theres lots of puke &told him I couldn't go and told him why.

He then said, "Like seriously, you are so scared of puke it's not even funny. Can't joke about it, can't imitate it, can't even bring it up in a story. I mean everyone does it, you can't escape it."

He then proceeded to tell me he hopes I eventually get over it. He does not understand just how severe my fear is. Mine is beyond terrible.

I feel like I'm losing friends over this fear, and now the person I'm with. I don't know what to do.

He sounds very insensitive to your feelings, especially if he is poking fun at it by pretending to be sick around you. I wish you the best, but the relationship seems kind of unstable. (No offense.)