Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OMG help :(

Default OMG help :(

I've been feeling sick since friday and it's gradually got worse, and right now its awful I have a lot of anxiety problems and feel sick alot of the time but this is really strong, my mum is convinced it's becuase it's my 18th birthday party this weekend and i'm stressing about it! But i just got back from the hairdressers and i was terrified when i was there cause i really thought i was gonna be sick I haven't been out since Friday and i haven't eaten anything that could make me ill so why do i feel like this? Please help i'm so scared
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to end, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Default Re: OMG help :(

It will be anxiety-related. It has happened to me a lot over the years. All I can suggest is keeping busy, keeping your mind occupied. I hope you can relax and enjoy your party.

But can anxiety really cause such strong nausea?
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to end, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

If you have any money there is some medicine call benedryl that can stop the nausea if you can keept it down for like 30 minutes. The benadryls active ingrediant has to be Diphenhydramine.

I've already taken a domperidone but it hasn't really helped :/

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaVictoria View Post
    But can anxiety really cause such strong nausea?
    Yes. Absolutely. The worst nausea I've had was anxiety-related. I've even dry-heaved repeatedly at times. Whereas when I was actually sick, it happened very quickly and was over very quickly and I felt relief. Anxiety and panic has made me feel deathly ill at times - not an exaggeration.
    EmetophobiaHelpline.com

I'm on the same boat as you with the antiemetic not working. It might be anxiety. I know that anxiety can give extreme nausea that is hard to discern from real nausea. Is your heartrate fast?

God i'm so scared

You should try to use the pressure pints while you read the responses. Press hard into the twebbing between your thumb and pointer on your left hand.
    Just calm down and try, which is gonna be very very hard, to rationalize your situation. How long have you been nauseous?

I'm trying to calm On and off all weekend but then really bad for about 2 hours

An average stomach cycle lasts 20 minutes... When people have the Noro, they usually vomit within 20 minutes and sometimes repeat every 20-40 minutes. You've been nauseated for 2 hours straight...

The nausea is getting worse, i don't know what to do

Yes, I've had intense nausea that was caused by anxiety. My sister, who isn't even an emet, suffers from anxiety nausea too. She says it's as bad as nausea she's experienced with genuine illnesses.

Hey Jessica, sorry to hear that you're feeling crap at the moment! I can totally relate to how you're feeling as I get deathly nauseous a lot to the point where I thought I would v*, but I never have! And I've been suffering from this horrible nausea for several months now. I do know that anxiety can cause extreme nausea as it always seemed to disappear when I did something to distract my mind. Feel better soon!
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

I have anxiety produced n*! It is seriously as bad as real sick n*, but it has never made me v*. The closest it had me to v*ing was when i was 8 years old and in my first horse show...I was horrified and I dry heaved a few times just as I finished riding, but never v. So yes, anxiety n* is very real!

I can't do this anymore, i'm sat here feeling terrible and convinced that im going to be sick. It's my 18th birthday tomorrow i'm supposed to be having fun and im here alone and scared! This phobia hasn't just taken over my life it has completely destroyed it

It's still bad, please help im freaking out

I know if I were you I wouldn't be able to take this advice-but freaking out is only making it worse. You need to find a way to relax yourself, perhaps a hot bath to calm your stomach down? I know that helps me when I'm feeling crampy in my abdomen! From experience, anxiety can absolutely cause you to feel that sick-I have had anxiety attacks that have caused me to get what I feel like is incredibly close to having to v*, but I never did! Just try your best to calm yourself down and take your mind off how you're feeling.

I've never had it this bad though, i really think it's gonna happen D:

Do you have access to dramamine?

Hey honey, how did last night go? How are you doing now?. Hope you fell aseep with ease, and slept long and deep!. X
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

I've had very bad nausea from anxiety! You can keep dramamine around for desperate times /: How did it end up going?

How was your birthday? Did the nausea subside? I tend to find that if a Zofran or other anti-emetic doesn't work, then it's most likely anxiety-related. Not that that feels better-- anxiety nausea is horrible! But I have never ever v* from anxiety. It is hard to tell the difference sometimes, though, I know. I have had the sv once, and the way I knew it was different was the horrible cramping and explosive d*. And if it (the nausea) lasts for a long stretch of time, you are ok on the v* front. When I have bad IBS attacks mixed with anxiety, I am usually nauseous or icky feeling for a few days. How you had a great birthday & were able to enjoy it!
    "A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." --Michel de Montaigne

Hope you're okay by now. I know it's hard being alone and anxious. And yes, I agree with everyone else that anxiety nausea is just as bad if not worse than the other. And the nausea increases at the same rate as the anxiety, which doesn't help things. I use either ativan to help panic or compazine. It sucks...hugs to you.