Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: So annoyed

Default So annoyed

I can be having a perfectly fine day until something... the littlest thing... triggers my anxiety about V*. I came home from class, ate lunch, listened to music, and was perfectly content. I then decided to have some yogurt and while eating it I suddenly began to get nervous and now I have this gagging feeling in my throat like I could V*. My stomach does not hurt at all... I tend to get this feeling in my throat whenever I get anxious now... ever since I V* in December! How to get rid of this anxiety symptom and fast?! I never had it before like I said... up until the very end of December because I V* for the first time in yearsssssssss. HELP!

Default Re: So annoyed

Hey there Lauren!
    Trust me I know EXACTLY what you're talking about with the n* feeling in your throat. My phobia had been on the downlow for a while but recently it has started up again and it only intensified when my brother had an sv* last week.
    Anyway I'd been having that feeling in my throat as well especially when I started thinking about being sick, I felt like I couldn't even move or I'd v*! It got so bad I actually started dry heaving.
    While this may sound awful please believe me when I say if it is in your throat you will not v*, it is definitely anxiety related! My best advice is to get distracted, play a game, read a book and also try chewing some gum or sucking on a mint
    How're you doing now?
    Last edited by Kittycat319; 03-27-2013 at 04:36 PM.