Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default when will it end?

Man this has been a tough noro season in the states. We all had it back in early dec and it wasnt fun. Thank god for zofran.

I keep reading about this new strain going around and it sounds pretty nasty. 6 people from my wifes work came down with it in the past 24-48hrs. Im getting scared she will bring this home. I cannot handle that mess again. Ill.probably end up taking off so i dont loose it.

When will this season peak and end?

Default Re: when will it end?

Where have they been posting about the new strain? I know this year/season we got a new strain from Australia, but I did not know that there was a second new strain..? Hopefully as long as your wife keeps up good hand washing techniques you should be okay-and those who are sick stay home and allow themselves to recover fully before coming back to work! I had read that the noro season usually peaks from November-March, so we are definitely at the end of the peak season!

Yeah im talking about that austrailian one. Just weird for 6 people to get it at the same time. Hopefully this is what we had in dec. I know it was pretty bad compared to other years.

That is a little strange that they would all get it together-perhaps they all ate the same thing so it could be fp*?? But yeah this season has been horrible-so many people have gotten it but hopefully like you said you should be ok!!

Found out in addition to the 6 workers. 17 people called into the sports bar complaining of sickness. The health dept came out and they found the cause to be a faulty frier for the bonless chicken. I dunno if i buy it. could of been noro too. Im betting a cook came in sick. We shall see if my wife gets anything. I know they opened late yesterday to sanitize the entire place. Still not happy about this.

Still freaking waiting for the bomb to hit. Summer needs to get here stat.

I agree, summer needs to come, now! How are you now? Seems like you should be through the waiting period now! It generally hits within 48 hours of exposure
    , 72 at the latest!

Oh, I hope you're okay. I totally agree with you that this has been a long and difficult winter here in CT. We are still cold here. And we've had our fun with the sv too, although it was fairly mild and I managed (by the skin of my teeth) not to get sick when I had it. I would wonder about the restaurant too, because wouldn't people be able to see if the chicken wasn't cooked enough? I really haven't eaten out all winter because of this fear. SOooo many people have to go in sick to work, it's awful. Keep us posted and hoping for the best.

Even after the health dept closed them up to clean people at her work are still coming down with this noro bug. Getting super worried shes gonna bring this home. If she does im going to have to take the kids and leave for a few days. I cant handle another outbreak in my home like we had in dec. It sure does seem noro is worse this year and holding on longer into the spring.

I'm from Michigan too and I keep reading about sv on Facebook and everywhere, a coworker just had to bring her dad to er because he was so dehydrated from v and d! I've been freaking out for weeks!
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Quote Originally Posted by ruhligv View Post
    I'm from Michigan too and I keep reading about sv on Facebook and everywhere, a coworker just had to bring her dad to er because he was so dehydrated from v and d! I've been freaking out for weeks!

Yeah i heard it was real sudden and pretty bad. Hopefully after this month it starts to settle down. I got plenty of zofran ready in case. I read its so bad becuase of the newer austrailian strain that hit the US this season. Nobody is immune to it. I can only hope we all had this strain back in dec and wont get it again. My wife came home tonight and thankfully is still ok. My daughter and i are emets so were both 100% on gaurd still.

I was just reading about the Sydney strain. Ugh! One thing that comforted me was that they estimate 21,000,000 people in the US gets the sv annually, but there are over 315,600,000 people in the US. So the chances of getting it based on that data are 1 in 15. Not too terrible, right?
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Did you v from it in December? Knock on wood I haven't had anything yet... Ugh but it makes me nervous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ruhligv View Post
    Did you v from it in December? Knock on wood I haven't had anything yet... Ugh but it makes me nervous!!!
    i had severe D and the worst stomach pains i can remember. even with zofran i almost V. took alot of will power and i almost gave in, it was that bad. my wife and kids had it much worse, really bad V. as i said ill be glad when schools out and summer is here. i assume there will be another brief spike in cases as school resumes next week from spring break.

Sounds like it could be the same virus, on fb my friend who just had it said she had the worst stomach cramping and pain she ever had! Hoping its the same for your sake! And hoping I don't get it!!!