Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation I don't know if I can handle this anymore

So, my roommate got up last night about 4 a.m. and went to the bathroom, or so I stupidly presumed. I woke up before her and went to class and she was still sleeping.
    I just found out that she had a sv! She doesn't know about my fear so I am trying with everything in me to not freak out in front of her. I touched EVERYTHING in the bathroom this morning because I didn't think anything of it. I rubbed my eyes like usual, and I had to touch all the doorknobs, everything. I was supposed to go out tonight and I was really excited because it's Easter weekend, and now I've cancelled plans because I'm sitting around waiting for it to hit me. I feel like I'll be up all night in a panic and I have a two hour drive home tomorrow (I live in a dorm). I don't have any bleach and I can't drive to get some. We have some bathroom cleaner that claims to have bleach but it's not bleach itself.
    I don't feel like I can handle this right now. I have so much stress for school and graduation and now I feel like it's inevitably going to happen today or tomorrow and I'm terrified. I have no prescriptions to stop anything, or v*, from happening. I've lost my entire appetite from panic and I doubt I'll even handle dinner tonight.
    Is there any advice to help me deal with this? I would give anything to not have this fear.
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Default Re: I don't know if I can handle this anymore

Quote Originally Posted by BabyAsh View Post
    So, my roommate got up last night about 4 a.m. and went to the bathroom, or so I stupidly presumed. I woke up before her and went to class and she was still sleeping.
    I just found out that she had a sv! She doesn't know about my fear so I am trying with everything in me to not freak out in front of her. I touched EVERYTHING in the bathroom this morning because I didn't think anything of it. I rubbed my eyes like usual, and I had to touch all the doorknobs, everything. I was supposed to go out tonight and I was really excited because it's Easter weekend, and now I've cancelled plans because I'm sitting around waiting for it to hit me. I feel like I'll be up all night in a panic and I have a two hour drive home tomorrow (I live in a dorm). I don't have any bleach and I can't drive to get some. We have some bathroom cleaner that claims to have bleach but it's not bleach itself.
    I don't feel like I can handle this right now. I have so much stress for school and graduation and now I feel like it's inevitably going to happen today or tomorrow and I'm terrified. I have no prescriptions to stop anything, or v*, from happening. I've lost my entire appetite from panic and I doubt I'll even handle dinner tonight.
    Is there any advice to help me deal with this? I would give anything to not have this fear.
    When you say she had a stomach virus, did she says she was vomiting all night with diarreah or did she just say I think I have a stomach virus. Alot of people claim the have stomach virus when in fact they probably ate too much, drank to much, ate the wrong thing etc. It may even just be a bit of food poisoning. Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly and youll be fine.

Also you can't catch stomach virus by rubbing your eyes. Its a share mongering tactic by the press, and in their articles they say that winter virus can be caught by rubbing the virus into you eye. What they mean is that cold and flus can be caught in this manner, however as the eye is no directly connected to the stomach it is impossible for any stomach virus to get into your intestines through this method.

Jon you need to do some research. You can get it from putting your hands in your mouth, eyes or nose. The virus makes its way to the GI tract. Also to the OP your roomie would know if she had it. The strain going round this season hits fast and hard. Also she would still be feeling off today. Just bleach the bathroom and wash your hands.

She missed her first class to sleep but she went to her second class. I haven't seen her eating but she said she kept food down today. I didn't ask about d* because she's lactose intolerant so she gets that a lot anyway
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    Jon you need to do some research. You can get it from putting your hands in your mouth, eyes or nose. The virus makes its way to the GI tract. Also to the OP your roomie would know if she had it. The strain going round this season hits fast and hard. Also she would still be feeling off today. Just bleach the bathroom and wash your hands.
    Actually, Jon is correct. You cannot contract it through your eyes. So no worries there.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    I never said anything about ingesting virus through the mouth, I only said you cannot catch a Stomach Virus from rubbing your eyes which is true, however if you have any evidence that this is the case, If you send through the website it is stated on, I am more than willing to take a look at it. I used to do research for my local doctors surgery before I got into I.T and the research I did meant I had to go to different sources to find out what was actually True and what was people interpretation.
    I found in my research that journalist on websites bend the truth with this fact and they state that WINTER VIRUSES such as colds, Flus and Norovirus are spready via direct contact, particles in the air and rubbing your eyes. While this is true for Colds and Flus, Norovirus cannot only be contracted through the feacal oral route, meaning you have to Swallow virus particles that are found in Faeces and Vomit for it to cause and infection. It is also very difficult to breath particles in the through the nose, because the muscus that lines that backs of our nose and throats, trap virus particles.

I am glad to read that you cannot catch it through touching your eyes. I wondered how that worked! As far as catching it, it really may not have been a sv. If she is lactose intolerant, it very well could have been something she ate.