Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Strep Throat and V*

My roommate has been sick since Sunday night - she was tested for strep on Monday (tested negative), but they told her to come back to the doctor Wed. (today) to be tested again. She tested positive.

I know strep is very contagious and I know it sometimes causes vomiting. Of course as an emet, I wash my hands all the time but theres only so much you can do when an infected person lives with you. She could have stood next to me and coughed and I could have gotten it. The incubation period is like 2 - 5 days.

My question is, how many people v* with strep? Is it normal for adults? (I'm a 20 year old female). How can I avoid it?

Help!

Default Re: Strep Throat and V*

Only small children usually v* with strep so don't worry. It's unlikely you will v* if you get it. I hope you don't get sick though! *hugs*

I have had it tons of times and worse I got was upset belly until the antibiotics kicked in.

When I was at home still I used to get strep literally every winter-from about 6th grade through to my senior year! I never once had an issue with v* when I had it; the antibiotics didn't even really give me that much d* either. My younger brother (who has more of a sensitive stomach-probably due to his odd eating habits!) also has had strep and never had an issue with v* either. I think it's much more common for it to cause v* with little kids, not adults!

Mostly children v with strep. I have actually never heard of an adult that v'd with it. Actually, my older daughter used to v every time she got it, but she hasn't since she turned 10. I've had it several times and never even felt n.

I get strep every year...currently have it right now!! I've never v*d with it. My boyfriend also has it right now and he hasn't either and he's very prone to v*. I think you're in the clear

Hey, I'm pretty sure most people don't get v* from strep. I think n* is common with it though - because you have all this gunk in your throat running into your stomach... But it doesn't mean you're going to v*. Remember this illness is in your throat, not your stomach. I had strep a couple of months ago. Yes it was very unpleasant - it hurt like hell and I felt so tired, and yeah I felt a little n* but I knew that I wasn't going to be s*. Sometimes the medication you take for it can upset your tummy though - like I was taking loads of paracetemol and Ibropufen to combat the pain and my temperature, and I felt n* because I wasn't eating much to take the painkillers with as strep kills your appetite too...

But anyway you don't have strep, and even if you get it I'm almost sure you won't v*. Sounds crude but tell yourself, at least she hasn't got Noro or a SV! That's far more of a worry! So in the meantime try and go about your day as normal, and sure wash your hands a little more and maybe take some vitamins to boost your immune system.... In the end though you're being very brave so keep going and this will pass shortly. Hugs x

I had it for the first time time, last yr.. it sux so bad!!! But I NEVER V* from it or even got Nauseas at all. Yes, its very contagious but u probably wont get it. none of my 3 kids, my mom or husband ever caught it from me. weird...but its possible!
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Thanks everyone for the encouraging replies .. I'm not sick yet so maybe I'm in the clear!

My sister had a really bad case of strep about a year ago and she did V* 2 or 3 times sadly. However, this may have been because she was around a little girl who had it a few days prior.