Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: sushi???

Default sushi???

i've been a vegetarian literally my entire life. i went out with friends to a japanese restaurant earlier tonight, and while i didn't have any meat, i dipped some of my food in sauces that some of my friends dipped raw fish into. i feel somewhat n* now, and i was just wondering, is it possible to get FP from this?

Default Re: sushi???

The raw fish is not very risky if the restaurant used good fish and knew how to prepare it. This is probably the case as you don't make any money in the restaurant business by making your clients sick, sushi especially because people will blame you if they get sick and it is not cheap. I don't eat it because I just don't like the texture of raw or rare fish but even speaking as an emet, and somebody with some knowledge of the seafood business, I think sushi is pretty safe.

I think it's actually quite rare for sushi to be made with raw fish most of the time.
    I wouldn't worry about it, it's most likely to be anxiety rather than fp.

No you should not get food poisoning from it but you may just feel sensitive to your stomach since you don't eat that. We went for sushi one night w a friend who is also a veggie and she ordered veggie udon soup and they gave her chicken instead within a few bites she felt icky because she hadn't had meat in years. She did not vomit though...now I want sushi

thank you all for replying. i woke up the next morning feeling fine- it was just nerves after all