Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Seriously scared now.

I posted in the private form about my DD being sick with strep since Tuesday. We ended up taking her to a pediatric urgent care center last night for dehydration because she had lost so much due to v* & d*. They gave her Zofran it only helped her for a little while though and didn't help her stomach pain at all. She was still complaining about her throat too. But what has me scared is that the Dr. said the ongoing n* and d* is likely a virus not the strep. So she has BOTH! I am now freaking out b/c I hadn't gotten a little lax in my hygiene b/c I thought it was just strep. What is worse is I had some loose stool this AM and it was green just like hers has been. Now I am scared I am coming down with the virus too!! I am here alone with her b/c hubby has to work. V* while alone or with just my kids here is one of my biggest fears. I can't handle this, I had been doing so well, but I am back to where I was a few years ago.
    Help.

Default Re: Seriously scared now.

I don't feel n* or anything, I am actually hungry but afraid to eat. I am drinking ginger ale though.

Don't listen to those doctors, my kids v* with strep every time. As for d* it could be from the antibiotics she is on. My oldest gets terrible d* from Z-pak. What antibiotic is she on?

They gave her a shot of Penicillin because she was v* so intensely there was no way she could have kept down any antibiotics. And the d* started the same time all of her other symptoms did on Tuesday pre antibiotics. It is hard to say.
    She is still complaining a lot about a stuffed nose, postnasal drip and her throat too. So I wonder if the shot isn't working. She is still running a fever too.

Poor little thing! And poor mama!

Like I said in the other forum, my kids usually v with strep.

How are you feeling now? If you are hungry, it is most likely not a sv.

And v'ing and not being able to take care of my kids is one of my biggest fears as well. I've told my hubby this and he says if it ever happens to call him and he'll leave work immediately. Can you set up something similar with your hubby?

I've been okay today. Mostly just nibbling on small stuff, crackers and the like rather than eating big meals. It's odd I feel a little more at ease now that my older son is home from school even though he's only 10.5, mostly b/c I know I can count on him to sort of take care of stuff if necessary. But I've not had any more BM's today and I realized this afternoon that yesterday before we took my daughter to the urgent care center, I was hungry and grabbed a couple packs of my kids fruit snacks to eat. And DUH food coloring dyes do tend to turn my p* green. I also ate a bowl of Fruit Loops for breakfast yesterday AM too. So I'm really thinking that may have been the culprit. Plus I have my period and that can sometimes affect my p* making it looser than normal, I have a touch of IBS, especially during hormonal and stressful times. Add it all up. And for the moment, I am praying I'm okay. Of course my ordeal is far from over. DD is still not well. She isn't v* anymore, but she does still have the runs and I have to help her clean up after she goes b/c she's still pretty weak. She complains that her stomach still hurts, but she is at least keeping down water and I'm going to try some Gatorade when my hubby brings it home. I'm just praying she's turning around, her fever is down to near normal. But I expect getting her better is going to be an uphill battle.

Quote Originally Posted by sdd View Post
    And v'ing and not being able to take care of my kids is one of my biggest fears as well. I've told my hubby this and he says if it ever happens to call him and he'll leave work immediately. Can you set up something similar with your hubby?
    He can do that occasionally, but we've had so much illness in the house over the past month that he's left work so many times or come in late so often, that I'm afraid he'll get fired if he keeps doing it. Luckily he and his boss get along fine, but I don't know how tolerant they will be with him coming and going so much.