Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Boyfriend is sick am I safe???

Late Tuesday night I was at my boyfriends house and we madeout. He acted normal and felt fine. The next morning he woke up with a sore throat, and a slight fever. That night he said he felt almost normal again, then this morning he woke up worse, vomiting a lot and diarrhea and fever! I haven't seen him since Tuesday night when we kissed, and this entire time I have felt perfectly fine up to and including right now. Am I safe??? I'm so scared that since I kissed him the night before he was sick with only his fever that maybe I caught whatever he has. It's been about 40 hours since I kissed him.

Default Re: Boyfriend is sick am I safe???

Please someone respond fast I'm so so so scared

No, he was not contagious before he got sick. It is not transmitted through saliva unless the person has vomited before you kissed them. You can only get it from ingesting vomit or diarrhea particles. If you washed your handsand kept them away from your face you are fine.
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

The Sore throat and fever make it seem to me that it is not a SV*. My first guess upon reading this was strep throat, especially because he had a fever. Strep throat, usually during the first time being infected, can (does not always) but can cause Vomiting. I am wondering if your boyfriend has ever had strep throat before, and if his throat is still hurting. I really don't think it is a stomach virus, because if it were, it would not have started with a sore throat, they usually come on very fast- and they also usually do not start with a fever. It could have happened that he had some sort of cold on Wednesday, and just now could have come down with a SV but, I don't even think that is the case. Whatever the case is, you have to ingest vomit or diarrhea particles in order to catch a stomach bug, so as long as you weren't with him after he got sick, you are 100% fine. If you do go see him now, since he was sick, just wash wash your hands and keep them out of your face and mouth and you should still be fine.

He was not contagious when you were with him. You will be just fine.

Thanks guys I love you all! He just went to the immediate care they said he has strep throat. Why would he v and d with strep? And does that mean that he still definitely wasn't contagious the night before?

No sure exactly on why the vomiting (maybe the virus in him from the strep and fever?? And people get the runs when they have a cold sometimes. Hope he feels better soon. You should be fine.

You can v with strep. My kids do.

Is it possible i can get strep throat also since I kissed him the night before? I desperately don't want to be sick with something that can make me v I'm scared again

The drainage and pain associated with strep are usually what causes the v and d. Strep throat is a nasty infection of the tonsils.