Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default What is YOUR distraction?

What is everyone's distractions to help from thinking about this horrible phobia? It's always in my mind somewhere but I try to clean or take care of my animals or play video games as a distraction. I used to read books when I felt anxious, because it took me away from my anxiety filled life for a bit. What do you guys do?

Default Re: What is YOUR distraction?

My number one distraction is the Tetris app on my iPhone! It calms me down pretty well. Social media was my distraction as well, but not much anymore since sometimes triggering posts show up on there.
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

Don't let anxiety win.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Writing, I have found if I write the thoughts down it feels like i release them and googling when i am really anxious i will sit and google silly things. Or i will play with my ferret if she is awake

I walk normally, Lately though, I've been building a playhut, (actually, we've been building a play church, rain hut, and a school) in amongst fallen Macrocarpa trees. We've designed them meticulously including details such as shelves, mats, pictures and beds made of fairy grass. We've spent nearly 11hrs on it so far and it's so therapuetic! We still walk, (it takes us about ten minutes to walk there each time). I get so anxious though that whatever distraction I have at the time will lose it's magic before I find another though!
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Drawing. Definitely drawing. Out of all the things I've done to try distract myself, drawing works the best. I must have done over 100 drawings on my laptop in the last month.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Reading, taking walks or being outdoors in general, music, working the garden, sewing, cleaning my house....I go through many distractions to keep from being consumed by this!

I like to watch scrubs on Netflix or my DVD. It makes me feel better 99.9 percent of the time.

Listening to music.
    EmetophobiaHelpline.com

I like to listen to music, watch Doctor Who and talk to my best friend