Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Do 'Normal' infections make you succeptable to noro?

Just wondering. Do colds/bronchitis/flu make you more succeptable to noro? I would think that it weakens your immune system for a while, making it easier to get something like noro, but I'm not sure.

Default Re: Do 'Normal' infections make you succeptable to noro?

I dont want to jinx it, but my eldest daughter and I always have colds, she seems to be very prone to skin infections too, but I have only ever had noro twice and her 1 time and she only v once. On the other hand my middle child never gets much in terms of illness, although shes only had noro once it was quite severe and lasted almost 3 weeks on and off, so I just think everybody handles all sorts of different illnesses differently. My OH has had more v* like illnesses than me and my 3 children put together, but he NEVER gets colds or the like.

I hope not, because I get colds all the time in the winter.

I'm like randall. I'm sick ALL THE TIME. I have 3 autoimmune diseases and have only been sick twice in two years. To be honest I think both of those were FP. One of them there were three of us sick and basically the exact same time and we had all eaten the same thing. The second I wasn't exposed and neither my husband nor my mom caught it.