Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How long is your "puke free" streak?

I always think of Jerry Seinfeld and the black and white cookie scene. Something like 13 years since he vomited. In my case, it's been 7 years! How about you guys?

Default Re: How long is your "puke free" streak?

For me its been 34 hours!

3 months this Sunday!

37 years for me. To see various other streaks that have been reported over the years, see http://emetophobia.byethost15.com/streaks.html
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's been 15 years almost
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Coming up to about 9 years. Hard to believe its been so long. I don't know why I get myself in such a tizzy since most of those 9 years were spent NOT being careful about germs :P

8 years last January!
    ---
    Never trust a skinny cook!

4 months, 11 days
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

Don't let anxiety win.

Well, if you had asked me the first three weeks of June last year, I would have said 24 wonderful years!! But, sadly noro took me down (probably the new strain) and it's only been about 9 months.

Anyone else worried about 'jinxing it' by reporting their record? lol, I think it's been 5 years since I had a SV but am very worried I caught one yesterday and just not showing symptoms yet!

I am fairly susceptible to viruses and have been incredibly careful for those 5 years x

16 years last January.

Will be 3 years this May

4 months on the 14th april
    you can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re reading the last one

About 3 nearly 4 months now, I normally go for a few years in non-vom streaks, prior to getting ill last year it was about 5 years and about 4 before that.

3 years and a month soon.

Was 27 years this past December.

7 years, 2 months. last v from an sv was 10 and a half years ago.... touch wood!!!
    feel free to check out my tumblr; Em's Flying- laughing in the face of anxiety

<3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

6 years this June.

/knock on wood, but 13 years (last vomiting episode Jan 1st 2000).
    “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.”-Oscar Wilde

Only about a month..*sigh*. Had 3 glasses of wine instead of two...Before that, it had been just over a year...Jan 31, 2011. You guessed it...champagne. Every time I've gotten sick since 1993 (when I had my last sv) has been alcohol related. And I only drink maybe once a month. If I didn't have a bit of wine now and again, I'd never be sick at all, now that I think about it.

I say 8 years but I actually cannot remember the exact years. I'd say around 8/9 years or so.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

14 years!!!!!

15 years I was 4 the last time I did I really don't even remember what it's like

It's been 18 years.

6 years. I've had noro twice since then, caught it both times from my kids, but I didn't throw up either time.

6 years....

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    37 years for me. To see various other streaks that have been reported over the years, see http://emetophobia.byethost15.com/streaks.html
    I just checked out these streaks and are they all actually for real? I mean the first person on the list has been *v free for 90 years! :O Wow, now that is an impressive feat! How did they obtain such an impressive streak? This does give me comfort in that it is possible NOT to *v for LONG periods of time. Although I did not really like the comment at the bottom about it being 17 years on average. I am on about 17 years (possibly more, I am not 100% sure), does that mean my time is soon to be up??
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

Will be 40 years in May.

Does anyone decide not to say? I think it will jinx it if I reveal how long its been

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Pink24 View Post
    I just checked out these streaks and are they all actually for real? I mean the first person on the list has been *v free for 90 years! :O Wow, now that is an impressive feat! How did they obtain such an impressive streak? This does give me comfort in that it is possible NOT to *v for LONG periods of time. Although I did not really like the comment at the bottom about it being 17 years on average. I am on about 17 years (possibly more, I am not 100% sure), does that mean my time is soon to be up??
    I'm not sure if you're talking about a post I made here. Thankfully I haven't puked since 1989. I may have said "since 89."

Still no chunks blown since 1989 for me. Woohoo!

Unlike certain other body functions, there is no recurring need to vomit. Only happens if there is something wrong. The longer you go without anything going wrong, the more likely you are to continue without problems. Your past perfrmance indicates your future performance in this respect. If your constitution, strength, level of hygeine and food choices have kept you healthy for many years, then probably the same will continue. Going longer and longer does not mean something is "building up" and is going to happen soon.

Sincerely,
    David