Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry Major exposure :(

Saturday we had Easter with my husband's side of the family. My nephew who is 9 months old was there and he puked at least 10 times while we were over. We even ended back at my sister in-laws house so she could bathe the baby and change him because they ran out of changes of clothes. It wasn't spit up. He was literally throwing up and he did it every hour or sometimes more. I felt so bad for him and I was proud of myself for not running out of the room but at that point i was already exposed because he threw up multiple times only about 4 ft or less away from me. No use running at the point because it's too late. It willhave been 48 hours come 4 o'clock today that Hubby and I and the whole other 13 people that were there were exposed. So far i don't know that any of us including his parents and grandparents that cleaned him up each time and got puked on has gotten it. I hope it's from teething or an ear infection and wasn't a virus but it's over now. They gave him pedialyte and soy milk the next day and he quit puking. I just hope the rest of us do not get it. I don't want to ruin my streak. The last time i got it though was because someone threw up multiple times in the office i was working in. I really really hope i don't get it. That time i got it within 8 hours of her being sick in the office along with about 30 other people who caught it that same night around the same time. Does anyone have any positive stories about how their kid had noro and they cleaned it up and was around it all night and never caught it. My mom never caught it from us kids. I thought she had super powers haha. She caught it a couple times and us kids didn't catch it from her. So weird. I just need someone to give me advice...will i catch it. Should i be worried? I don't know what to think haha.

Default Re: Major exposure :(

If no one else has gotten it by now, I'd say it probably wasn't anything contagious.

I'm hoping not. I haven't really talked to anyone since last night so I am not sure if anyone caught it over night but i'm really hoping not. I hate that i went all winter without being exposed really and now that it's spring i was exposed. Yikes.

Ugh that sucks. You probably won't get it now. I remember I was waiting with my youngest daughter at the doctors office - she just had an ear infection, and there was a 7 month old baby who kept throwing up sitting down from us. I was PRAYING neither of us caught it, and we didn't.

That makes me feel a little better. It's good knowing someone else was near vomit and didn't catch it. I really didnt' hold him that day because i didn't want it all down me. He already had plastered his mom, grandma, and dad haha. I was like no thanks. Hubby held him but he didn't get sick while he was holding him thankfully. I was anxious the whole time hubby had him. So was hubby. He gagged when the baby threw up the first time haha.

I hope you will be okay. My son had a bad sv when he was a baby. I cleaned up lots of v, had it on my clothes and everything, and changed loads of d diapers. I did not get sick, though my DH did. I think the key is thorough handwashing.
    Keep us updated on how it goes for you, coolpk!

So far I'm okay. At 4 o'clock today it will have been 72 hours. I'm hoping I'm safe at that point. I didn't touch the vomit or anything. It was just near me. I hope I will be okay. I want to forget about it and move on. I wish i could be normal. My husband was near it and was grossed out by it but after that he didn't give it another thought or worry about it at all. I wish i was normal. I can't be normal because i'm afraid the minute i'm not worried about it is the time i'll get it haha.