Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default freakkkkking out

so, everyone i know has been getting the 24 hr stomach bug, and i have had contact with all of them either right before or right after and even while they had symptoms. and i think i may have tricked my brain into thinking i have it now because of that. i am sooooooo tired and i cant sleep because i am terrified of waking up and getting sick. omg some one talk to me. i am all alone and i hate being sick alone and i dont know what to do or how to feel better!!!!

Default Re: freakkkkking out

its ok, hun.. just try to not freak yourself out too much!! as easy as it seems to catch the stomach virus, its really not. If u had it, u would been feeling it by now. U would know, without a doubt that u were sick. Sorry you are worried though.. Try to get some sleep, u will be ok
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

i honestly havent felt this way in three years. ive been really good with not worrying and not being terrified of being sick. but im so dizzy and i feel hungry and sick and i cant bring myself to eat because i dont want to v* and its just killing me that im back to this game of not sleeping because im afraid

When I can't sleep because I feel ill, I put on a comfort show (Friends, Gilmore Girls, Parenthood, etc) and snuggle up on the couch to watch. Laying in bed makes my anxiety worse, so I go to my "safe place" on the couch. I am like you, if I feel sick I can't go to sleep for fear of waking up sick. And you actually can't catch Norovirus from being near someone - you have to ingest the germs, either by being in the nearby vicinity of v* or by touching it and putting your hands in your mouth, etc. Norovirus isn't airborne like a cold or influenza.

Just a quick note, if you were sick you would NOT feel hungry Everyone I know who has had the sv can't stand the thought of food. So that being said, you are probably dizzy and sick feeling because your body needs food. I'm guessing your blood sugar is crashing. The reality is that if you are going to v, you're going to v. And it's better to have food in your tummy. BUT, you're hungry. Therefore not sick. Try just having a bite of bread or crackers or something, this will give your body what it needs. I know for me, when my blood sugar bottoms out, I get extremely nauseous and feel quite sick. Hope you're sleeping now!!!

^^ when I had the stomach virus at the end of last year, I felt hungry the whole time... BUT I think its bc i starved myself for a whole two days before i actually FELT sick :/ I never V'd, only got all the other symptoms.
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Quote Originally Posted by Valen* View Post
    ^^ when I had the stomach virus at the end of last year, I felt hungry the whole time... BUT I think its bc i starved myself for a whole two days before i actually FELT sick :/ I never V'd, only got all the other symptoms.
    Oh interesting!! For me when it was v related (I also had a couple d only bugs that I still remained relatively hungry for, but that was cuz I didn't have intense nausea or v to go with), I had NO appetite until after the v was done.