Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Anxiety Help

Default Anxiety Help

I am new on the forum, though I have struggled with emetophobia for about ten years. I didn't even know it had a name until recently. I have read through several posts, and I can't tell you how it feels to know that other people feel like I do and that you get thru things. I have four children, two school aged and two pre-school aged (I keep them out of preschool for the sole reason of being afraid of the stomach virus). I live in constant fear of one of them getting sick, and after 10 years of anxiety I am ready to have my life back. I started going to see a therapist and they have put me on prozac. I was just curious to see if you guys have any tips on how to handle the anxiety. TIA

Default Re: Anxiety Help

Welcome to the forum! I'm on prozac as well, just thought I'd let you know that it's really calmed me down Tips for anxiety, well I pretty much like to sit in the cold if my anxiety is bad. I don't know why but it calms me down really fast, as well as playing on my phone or watching little kids shows just because it's all rainbows and sunshine, if you know what I mean haha. I'm no pro at handling anxiety though, otherwise I wouldn't be here. Again, welcome to the forum!

Thank you!

I agree! When I feel sick or get very anxious I sit in the cold or in front of a fan. I shake really bad so I try and talk myself down or pray. I try to keep my mind as distracted as possible. I think she gave you the very best advice as I am going through the exact same thing as you. Good luck and God bless...

Welcome! Some ways I handle anxiety are, listening to music, watching tv or a movie, reading, doing something with my hands like an arts and crafts project, taking a bath or shower, chewing gum, taking a walk, talking or texting with a friend.

Thank you all so much. I am so overwhelmed right now, and I just can't seem to think about anything else. I know the sv is going around like crazy around my area, and the entire time my kids are at school I am thinking about it! Wish it would just stop!!!

Welcome! I know what you mean about worrying while they're at school all day, I've three at different schools and half the time I can't think straight. Please hang out here with us if you need to, this is a great place especially once you're settled in. Hugs for you! X
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch