Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Signs it's about to happen?

I'm just wondering if any of you have certain things that you feel or do right before v*ing. I do, I'm just curious about the rest of you

Default Re: Signs it's about to happen?

Sigh...I forget. Every time I v*, I forget how it feels the next day. The only time I know how it feels is when I'm about to v*

My mouth waters like craxy and I can't sit still.

mouth waters and i get tingly my hands, face head they just all start to tingle. OH and I can smell it before its out!

I get that tingling feeling even when I don't v*. I hate it!

I've only v'd once in the last 24 years and I had no signs. I just heaved.

My warning sign is a big dry burp/gag. It's loud as ever and sounds as if I did v*, but nothing came out. It's really disgusting, but it always happens about 30 minutes before I actually v*. That's how I know my nausea is real. at least for the last two/three times it's happened that way. Rapid mouth watering also is an indication for me, seems that way for most people also.. but the time between the mouth watering and the actual v* is a split second so it's hard to use that as a timely indication to 'prepare', if you will
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." - Robert Frost

Don't let anxiety win.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

well I get those tingles when I have an anxiety attack which sometimes can be a bit confusing, but not by much. You just know this time is different. I think the whole mouth watering thing is actually your body protecting your teeth from all of the acids from your stomach.

Literally everywhere I've gone says that mouth watering happens before, but I can't remember my mouth ever watering before it happens. Weird.

I remember hyper-salivating and a lurch in my stomach. It was a long time ago, though.
    “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.”-Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by emmabean View Post
    Literally everywhere I've gone says that mouth watering happens before, but I can't remember my mouth ever watering before it happens. Weird.
    Hi emmabean,

I've been sick a number of times over the years and have to say that I have never experienced my mouth watering before hand however warning signs of needing to be sick will vary a bit from person to person. When people talk about tingling etc those physiological symptoms are probably being caused by effects of adrenaline on the body. With the Adrenaline having being released into the body due to the fear of being sick.

The biggest difference between an Emetophobia and someone that is free from it is that typically the Emetophobic spends a huge amount of time feeling anxious and thinking about it. Whereas people that don't suffer with the fear only think about it when it's essential and then stop thinking about it when it's over and done with.

Hope this helps a bit.

I haven't *ved in the longest time, so I am not sure if I'd know for certain that it WAS going to happen anymore. The only thing I remember from the last time is that I was overrun with INTENSE nausea and then had an episode of uncontrollable swallowing, I swallowed three times in quick concession, kind of like a spasm (I am guessing this is from the excess saliva) and then the *v came. This happened EVERY time it was about to happen too and there was absolutly no way to stop it.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

I can't really remember since I haven't v* in nearly 9 years now, but I just remembered that I KNEW it was going to happen. I can't remember if my mouth watered or not but I think it did.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

This might scare some, but mostly I don't get any warning, sometimes a mild sore stomach (nothing like anxiety).

Last time I did, I was feeling mild discomfort all day and then went to sleep, still feeling a little sick. At about 5am I just woke up and went to the toilet and did it. I don't think I was really n* or anything, I really don't remember anything. I just went down and did it, and then I told my mom I can't go to school and went back to sleep. I woke up totally fine, like nothing happened. I actually didn't panic that day, but I was really scared it will happen again for the whole winter after that.

I also don't recall any mouth sensation but always had the dry heave ! It was like a rehearsal and a prep ... Fortunately the last time the dry heave happened, 9 years ago, it spiralled into 40 mins of dry heaves and digressed into a terrible flu. Oh and feeling flushed !

I also dry wretch more than the average person

Woodoo in one of your post, you said you haven't in vomited in 15 years, but you are saying in this post that you don't get any warning, go away you said little child, stop trying to scare people

Quote Originally Posted by zombie0037 View Post
    Woodoo in one of your post, you said you haven't in vomited in 15 years, but you are saying in this post that you don't get any warning, go away you said little child, stop trying to scare people
    Yeah, they need to put more effort into their trolling.
    You have no idea what it's like living inside my head.

sorry for my language, but this wooodoo person sounds like a b!tch. Read his their post about how it feels to vomit, complete bs.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure Woodoo is just trying to stir up panic. In other recent posts, s/he describes in graphic detail feeling n*, d*, etc. for a long time before v*- now s/he just gets stomach pain and no other warning?

Keep your (fake?) stories straight!

I tend to get waves of nausea and I excess salivate too.