Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Did I have it?

Default Did I have it?

So last week I had horrid almost all liquid D one night, complete with cramps/urgency beforehand. I woke up the next day feeling nauseated and panicked and I did not go to work. This proved to be a wise choice, because I had no appetite and by the afternoon I was freezing cold - so cold I was in bed with gloves on and tons of layers. My joints were VERY sore. My head hurt and I was nauseated. I definitely had a fever.

The next day my stomach still wasn't right and I was a little colder than usual but able to function. I barely ate because I wasn't hungry and my stomach was still funny. My stomach was off for a few days afterward, actually.

I hesitate to call this SV because I only had one episode of really bad D. But, in a way I want it to be SV because an employee who works for a satellite location of the hospital I work for said they have a bug going around their campus involving explosive D and, once again, I'm terrified. I thought this was all over with but it seems like it just won't go away. I've had to up my anxiety meds twice and I wake up in a panic with chest pains pretty much everyday barely getting myself to work. :-(

Just some background: I am very healthy. I eat right and exercise six times a week for an hour a day. I take vitamin C (in the form of Emergen-C) a couple times a week during the winter. I got a flu shot in October. I wash my hands so much they are dry and bleeding!
    Last edited by angela638x; 04-03-2013 at 08:43 AM.

Default Re: Did I have it?

You handled that way than I would. I would automatically assume it was the sv and be depressed the rest of the day.

Hmmm it does sound likes some sorta bug, but I'm not sure. I hope you feel better (hugs)

I would say it highly likely was a SV. You poor thing! Hope you're doing okay. Xx
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Sounds like the bug i had in dec. Bad D and nausea with stomach pains but the zofran stopped the V.