Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please help .. I'm really nervous

So 2 of my boyfriend's roommates are sick. One has been sick for several days, can't get out of bed, is feverish, sore throat, cough, and v*d but I don't know how many times. The other one just started a sore throat last night and doesn't feel well today but he wasn't bed ridden.
    I'm feeling tired, a little n*, and my throat is just starting to hurt I think I might have whatever they have. I spend a lot of time over there and even though I wash my hands all the time, it'd still be easy for me to catch something if its airborne or whatever.

I know its not the SV* or noro because the sore throat doesn't come with that & it only tends to last a day or two. Also, I'm skeptical of it being the seasonal flu because I got the flu shot. I know the shot doesn't protect you 100% from flu viruses but still, it seems unlikely.

What kind of sickness could this be? Will I definitely v*? How can I avoid it?.. please help! I'm so scared.

Default Re: Please help .. I'm really nervous

have similar symptoms right now and have not v. eat bland foods, and i bet u will feel better in a few days.

It could be that because of your flu jab your body is focusing all it's energies on fighting off what little bit of a bug you have caught, and that is why you feel crappy.

I very rarely actually become ill, but if something is going round I feel a bit low and rubbish for a few days. It sounds like you are just fighting it off let us know how you get on!

Quote Originally Posted by Emzee Howland View Post
    It could be that because of your flu jab your body is focusing all it's energies on fighting off what little bit of a bug you have caught, and that is why you feel crappy.

I very rarely actually become ill, but if something is going round I feel a bit low and rubbish for a few days. It sounds like you are just fighting it off let us know how you get on!
    I had the flu shot several months ago ... but I hope you're right! I'm not feeling terrible right now but I'm worried about how I'll feel when I wake up.