Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Antibiotics, terrified of taking them

The past few weeks have been rough, finally gave in and went to the Doctors. Was diagnosed with sinusitis and given an rx for 875mg of Amoxicilllin twice a day.

Of course the side effects include d and n, so I'm all worked up. Read reviews online and some claimed severe v.

I am scared to take them.

Any advice, experience, thoughts etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Antibiotics, terrified of taking them

i had the same thing last year.....i asked the doctor if it would go away without antibiotics.....he said yes....it would take longer.....i let it take longer.......although i have read several posts on this forum of people taking that antibiotic with no troubles.....hope you feel better soon
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amoxicillin is one of the best tolerated antibotics available. Its also very low dosage aswell so you should be fine. However if you are worried, take it with some food which allows the stomach to settle.

Just make sure to take it with food and drink plenty of water so it can work at its best! Also eat some yogurt to aid in digestion while on the antibiotic. It will prevent yeast onfections and constipation. No worries.

I took it an I was completely fine. Hope ur feeling better x

I have been on that so many times :/ it never made me feel bad tho.. i got a lil diarrhea halfway through my bottle, but i knew it wasnt from being sick..so its ok Just take with food if u can. It works better with food in the stomach anyway! Feel better soon!
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

I have taken that med many times as a child/teenager, and it never bothered me. Now I can't take it because it gave me a rash the last time I had it. That is the only side-effect I ever got with it. I WISH I could still take amoxicillin. I have to take much harsher meds when I have an infection now. Also, my son has been on it for his ear infections, and the only side-effect he has gotten is a little d*, and this kid has a weak stomach. Take your meds and feel better, it will be ok.