Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feeling anxious & a bit silly

I just ate my evening meal, a salad I prepared myself & a cooked chicken breast which I reheated in the george foreman grill. Its a meal Ive been eating almost every night for last couple of weeks due to a high cholesterol issue with no problem. However I prepared the salad last night & took the skin off the chicken breast then too but cos I was feeling queasy I decided not to eat so they've been in the fridge. The chicken pack states it should be eaten within 2 days of opening (which was wednesday) & I was uneasy eating it but decided I wasnt going to let emet win so I ate it. Now of course Im freaking out at what may lay ahead of me. What do you guys think? By the way the sell by date was 9 April & use by date was 10 April.

Default Re: Feeling anxious & a bit silly

Its Friday today, so you are well within the 2 days of it being opened. Also the Food Standards Agency insist on companies exagerating the time frame they put on their foods. Therefore something that has a used by date of the 10th will 99% of the time only go bad on the 14-15th of April. You will be absolutely fine.

Default Re: Feeling anxious & a bit silly

Thanks for your reply. I knew as I ate it that it was going to worry me but I fought the urge to give in to my emet and here I am panicking.