Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I Am Freaking Out, Feel So Ill

I don't know if anyone is around, but I woke up about 25 minutes ago (It's 1:45am) feeling so sick. I immediately took a Zofran (it was that bad) and I'm praying it will work. I'm trying so hard not to freak out...it should work, I've held out about 20 minutes since I've taken it. Whatever is making me feel sick has also been coming out the other end quite fiercely. I'm so afraid, and so done being afraid, if that makes sense. I just need to make it through this.

Default Re: I Am Freaking Out, Feel So Ill

Ok let's evaluate, have you eaten anything bad, taken new medication, been anywhere or in a situation where you could have caught something? I woke up feeling bad last night too I know now you feel x

I'm trying to evaluate...it's hard for me to do that, because I start thinking EVERYTHING could have made me sick. I went to a birth last night (it's my job) and there was a new midwifery student who started feeling ill during it, she left the room, came back, then left again and apparently went and threw up/almost passed out. I figured it really was from seeing too much gore, but a small part of my worried she was sick, because I shook her hand. However, I did not put my hands anywhere near my mouth that I know of, and I washed them well when I figured out she was sick. So I supposed I could have been exposed 24 hours ago /: Which is one reason I'm freaking out. But I just didn't think I was exposed than.

OK, was it her first birth, was it a gory birth? There is a million reasons why apart from a sv* and I know that is hard to take into account when you are panicking. As many people tell me, you can't catch something from someone by just being next to them, of you didn't put anything in your mouth or breathe in whilst she was v* then this is oh so unlikely. How are you now? It's nearly been an hour since your first post x

I'm still hanging on. I think the Zofran is working...now I'm starting to feel like I have chills (fever) coming on. I know all the panic can cause lots of symptoms as well, so it's hard to know what is from being ill and what is from panic. My stomach is still upset, still having *d, but I haven't *v and it's been 2 hours since I woke up sick, so hopefully I've fought off the worst. /: I'm afraid to relax though

How are you feeling now? Xx

Ok it's now been a few hours since your last post, are you doing any better? X