Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default New Here, Reassurance would be helpful

Hello my name is Lindsey I'm new here, I've had this phobia since I can remember. It's controlled my life. I had a son 2 years ago and dreaded the day he got the sv* that day came this past Thursday. It is now Sunday. I'm still very worried about v*ing myself. It happened while I was driving with him in the carseat. Then more wen we got home. I was sure up until that day that I would run from him and have to call someone for help, but to my surprise I held him and nurtured him, as he was absolutely terrified. I was proud of myself that day but I'm now terrified and living in fear. It's been over 72 hours since I was first exposed but it is still on my mind constantly. Is there any chance of me getting out of this without getting sick?? Thanks.

Default Re: New Here, Reassurance would be helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Linzymarie123 View Post
    Hello my name is Lindsey I'm new here, I've had this phobia since I can remember. It's controlled my life. I had a son 2 years ago and dreaded the day he got the sv* that day came this past Thursday. It is now Sunday. I'm still very worried about v*ing myself. It happened while I was driving with him in the carseat. Then more wen we got home. I was sure up until that day that I would run from him and have to call someone for help, but to my surprise I held him and nurtured him, as he was absolutely terrified. I was proud of myself that day but I'm now terrified and living in fear. It's been over 72 hours since I was first exposed but it is still on my mind constantly. Is there any chance of me getting out of this without getting sick?? Thanks.
    Most Stomach Viruses cause symptoms at the most 48 hours after exposure. Now its been 72 hours I would say you are in the clear. Most Children can suffer from a virus known as Rotavirus, which 95% of the world population have already had, therefore there is an extremely strong chance that you had it when you were young and that you are now immune.
    However it doesnt hurt to wash your hands thoroughly and disinfect items you child has vomited over, as this will reduce the liklihood of viruses staying on those surfaces.

Default Re: New Here, Reassurance would be helpful

Well done Linzymarie! you did so well for your Son. So glad you coped. as ditchy said, about 48hrs-72hrs is the time period and you should be clear. I sound like a strong person for your Son, so even if the worst happens, you will be calm, and you will be fine. It is unpleasant to get s*, but not dangerous, not the end of the world. hugs