Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Please i'm freaking out!!!

I have delayed sleep phase syndrome and I'm currently in a 24 hour awake stint to reset my clock and I'm about to go to sleep, or I thought I was.

I was nodding in and out in my chair as I was getting ready to sleep. I nodded off for literally 2 seconds and when I caught myself, my stomach started to burn and great nausea came over me. I think it is anxiety, but I'm not taking any chances! I am nauseated cause I didn't go to sleep but how am I supposed to sleep like this?!

I broke one Phenergan under my tongue and I'm about to try 2 more and swallow one.

PLEASE HELP! I just want to sleep! I'm so tired of this! I just want it all to end!!!!!

How many phenergan pills does it take to die?

Default Re: Please i'm freaking out!!!

I don't know anything about those pills. I never take any kind of med :/ But yeah, its most likely anxiety. Especially since you haven't slept this long.
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Sweetie, you will eventually fall asleep. That happens to me as well when I'm trying to get to sleep, and I always end up going on the internet on my phone and falling asleep with it in my hand. Try laying down on your back and just breathing for a few minutes; in through your nose, out through your mouth.

Also, suicide is never an option, even with this stupid phobia. If you're feeling even a little bit suicidal, please try calling a hotline and explaining to them what's wrong. They know what they're doing and know how to help people calm down and relax (which will also help you fall asleep!).

Soverysorry please let me know honey that you are ok I am so sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I pray that you are feeling better this morning and that you were able to rest. Please let us know that you are ok this morning!

I was able to fall asleep but I had to pretend as if I wasn't going to sleep. I had to keep my light on, PC moniter and my TV all on and play music. I was falling asleep in my chair but I couldn't fall asleep in my bed wihout getting nervous...

I'm actually doing horrible right now; stomach burns and I'm still nauseated. Not at the extreme of last night, but definitely not well. I'd say a 7.5 out of ten right now...

I took a Phenergan about 40 minutes ago but it hasn't started to work yet. I haveRanitidine for acid but I didn't take them cause I'm scared.

Oh and uhm about the suicide thingy...

I am suicidal and I do believe I'll eventually commit suicide later this year but I was more wondering the lethal dosage for Promethazine so I wouldn't accidentally OD.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVerySorry View Post
    Oh and uhm about the suicide thingy...

I am suicidal and I do believe I'll eventually commit suicide later this year but I was more wondering the lethal dosage for Promethazine so I wouldn't accidentally OD.
    Please dont say you think you will. Because there is help out there. There is help for this annoying phobia a lot of us share - and there is help out there for the depression too.
    Whenever I havent slept I feel s* too. In fact, when I was in the hospital adopting our baby - I hadnt slept - felt sick - and they made me leave hospital in case I had a virus - as a precaution - which I didnt, silly me, I was just overtired. Your body isnt coping. Get some sleep and your body will feel better, then work on your thought process. We can make a hell out of earth if we phobics arent careful Hugs to you

1-800-273-8255 National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

Sweetie I truly think it's just the acid in your stomach from your nerves. Calm down it'll be ok. Have you tried tums? I have severe Acid reflux and usually tums will take the burning away almost immediately! I used to get Phenergan before I got my Zofran and you need to be very careful of the drug for it's drowsy effects. Be VERY careful how much you take! I don't think you meant you were trying to kill yourself I think you meant you wanted to take as much as possible but make sure nothing happens to you. Sweetie never risk that! If it's that bad it is always better to go to the ER and maybe they can give you something intraveniously. But see how many people were worried for you? You are loved and it shows here from all of these amazingly wonderful people! How blessed you truly are! You are NEVER alone please know that! I would make a trip to your doc and take to him about what's been going on and maybe he can give you something besides the Phenergan that has less dramatic side effects. God bless sweetie! Please let us know how you are. xoxo
    " Take the First step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. "

Thank you guys for your support and I'm sorry for bringing up the suicide thingy but I don't think that would help me now. (Can we please avoid that subject with me? I'm sorry I brought it up)

" I think you meant you wanted to take as much as possible but make sure nothing happens to you"

Yes that's exactly why I said it... I've taken much before but my side-effects were small as I'm kinda... "used" to the drowsiness. Even now, I stayed up too long because I didn't want to suffer like I did yesterday lol.

I'm really glad to hear you're feeling better. I know how hard this can be at times. I hope you keep feeling better and can get some rest sweetie.
    " Take the First step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. "

Welp... I stayed asleep for 15 hours >.<

My whole sleep schedule literally just reverted to the "nocturnal standard" so I forced myself into that unneeded anxietyy for nothing. I'm def bringing up my DSPS to my doctor tomorrow.

You're precious to us here. Each of us make up a very important part of each others lives, we ARE 'IES!`. Just remember we're here for you!. Xx
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

It's awesome that you finally got to rest! Your body needed it! Let us know how how things go at the docs...All my love xoxo

Soverysorry... I'm so glad that you were able to sleep and get the rest you needed. I hope your dr. Visit went well . I've been thinking of you... I pray you are feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by Valen* View Post
    Your post worries me so much. Please use what Valen gave you if you are feeling this way again. There are many other resources you can use, such as online support groups for depression. Please know it does get better, even if you don't believe so now. I had a few unsuccessful suicide attempts and I am very happy that they were unsuccessful. Sending love your way. Please let me know if you need anything. <3
    Keep my heart light, maintain internal heights.

I don't know if I've actually ever felt depression; I never felt sorry about myself unless I get into a panicky situation. I stayed up very long today as well so I can re-attempt to fix my sleep, but I'm a little worried about a potential nausea/anxiety attack. I didn't stay awake for 18+ hours but I have been awake for more than 5 hours under slight somnolence.

Sweetie, have been keeping you in my thoughts. Have you talked to your doctor about feeling the urge to commit suicide? I was not far away from doing something desperate not long ago and I asked my doc to increase my anxiety meds and it took the terror of my fear away. Now, when I hear one of my childrwn say 'my tummy hurts,' I panic, but my body doesn't go nuts (my heart rate usually goes up to 121+bpm for upwards of 3 hours). The medecine is called Quetiapine although you will probably be given something to suit you. Please go get fixed, it saddens me to think of you feelung so bad. You pm me if you're nit coping. Big warm hugs. Xx
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

I don't want to talk to him about my suicidal plans because that would be grounds for a section into a mental health clinic for evaluation. Nobody else knows about my suicidal thoughts.
    Quetiapine? Does that stuff cause nausea? How do you cope with the anxiety induced nausea? I have functional nausea aside my anxiety nausea so it kinda rolls on to eachother.

I was one the maximum dosage for the Remeron stuff but that wasn't working and my doctor reduced my dosage twice in an attempt to get me off of them, but I suffered withdrawal syndrome and that was horrible. Ativan made me anxious (go figure)

Okay I will. Thank you!

I don't really care that you don't want to talk about it. You need help SoVerySorry, and you need it now. Call the hotline. Please.

It may just save your life.

Quote Originally Posted by rexymeteorite View Post
    I don't really care that you don't want to talk about it. You need help SoVerySorry, and you need it now. Call the hotline. Please.

It may just save your life.
    I'm sorry to say but I completely agree. This is a big admission and you need to get help as soon as possible. You shouldn't be feeling the way you do and if being sectioned is going to help you overcome this dark time, then so be it. Don't let this phobia drive you to that, get help immediately. The sooner you seek help, the sooner you will start feeling better. You're in my thoughts. x

I'm glad you finally got to sleep and I know you don't want to address the issue But now you brought it up and we are all concerned about you. Please talk to somebody about your feelings.

Keep your head up and think positively. Things WILL get better.

I've been a phobic for about...12 years? I've told myself things were going to get better but nothing positive has. I don't really want... help when it comes to my suicide stuffs. I feel like I've already made that descicion. It does suck knowing that it would have been a life loss doing something like this but hey, my life is a loss right now anyways.

Please get help. Life is so worth living. Keep going minute by minute and it does get easier. Please tell someone, call a hotline, or admit yourself to a hospital

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Even if u don't "want to talk about it", u really should. And u will feel so much better if u do. I've know too many people who have died way too young, too soon. Imagine how your family would feel..and your friends. U need to remember this is only PART of your life. It gets better. It's not your right to take your own life. Just like its no one else's. Also remember, there's nothing wrong with you for having these thoughts. It happens. They key is to push them away, and remember all the things u have to LIVE for. Count your blessings. Life is far too short to not live it.So you have a few bad days..Maybe even a few bad years. But it does get better.

If you wanted truly wanted to die, chances are you wouldn't admit it. This is a cry for help and we're trying to help you. Don't just try and sweep this issue under the rug, pretending it doesn't exist. It doesn't work that way. I've been in that dark place before and I know it's hell. I got help and I'm doing much better now. Help yourself or no one else will be able to help you. PM me if you need to talk. Definitely don't hesitate. Call the hotline or go to the emergency room.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

I have had a similar problem all my life, taking far longer to fall asleep than other people, & sleeping in later & later everyday. It`s lost me anumber of jobs in the past because I was always having trouble waking up in the morning & would be coming in late all the time. I`m unemployed at the moment so it`s not so bad, but it can cause problems if I have an appointment. I`d never consider suicide as an option, But I wouldn`t mind trying something like Phenergan to put me to sleep.

Phenergan would probably help you. It apparently helps people fall asleep faster. I did quietly try suicide a few times but it wasn't with an intent to die. It was more of "if I die, oh well." I'll see how things run out but I have a deadline to choose how my life will progress I'll do everything in my power to quell my functional nausea and defeat this fear, but I can't break my own rules.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVerySorry View Post
    Phenergan would probably help you. It apparently helps people fall asleep faster. I did quietly try suicide a few times but it wasn't with an intent to die. It was more of "if I die, oh well." I'll see how things run out but I have a deadline to choose how my life will progress I'll do everything in my power to quell my functional nausea and defeat this fear, but I can't break my own rules.
    Are you seeing a counselor or other mental health professional? Your posts are very concerning to me. I do believe that you are serious. There is help available. It is not always easy, but it is worth it to pursue help. You don't necessarily have to get exposure therapy. You can seek help for the anxiety and depression and make up your mind from there.

I have had some very low points, and I believe I at least partially understand where you are coming from. If you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm trolling but that was the reason I didn't want to talk about suicide. I felt stupid bringing it up.

I am seeing a psychiatrist but he... is a little awkward. He doesn't seem to know what to do and my last check up with him (3 days ago) was ... awkward. It is as if he didn't know what to do. I'm on Remeron for anxiety but that didn't work. Tried Ativan but that gave me an anxiety attack. He wants me on a few other medicines for DSPD and emetophobia, but he is frustrated that I won't try them. I don't think he understands the fear.