Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy My Mum's getting worse

My Mum, (also my best friend) was diagnosed with Parkinsons Disease just before Christmas and I've been trying not to notice it but she's just getting worse and it hurts me so much watching it happen. I was talking to her over lunch and her head began to shake and that hasn't happened before. I am so scared about what's going to happen. She's always been there for us but now it feels like she's going away from me.
    Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

Facebook Donna Mutch

Default Re: My Mum's getting worse

( That's terrible to hear... So sorry! I know it's hard and it hurts, but u can't do anything..Just be there for her. I'll be praying for u, your mom, and your family.
    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; But of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2Timothy. 1:7)

sorry to hear......i know it's so hard to watch a parent who is ill. just enjoy what time you can spend with her. i think i would do some research on the disease and see if there were things i could do to help make her more comfortable, etc. ...... prayers for your mother and you.... <3
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you, for the prayers and the kind words. It feels like it's stealing her from me. She's the kindest, gentlest, most generous person, she doesn't deserve this. : (

Facebook Donna Mutch

I'm so sorry.
    Research and support are the beay things you can do for her!!

i'm so sorry to hear that. i hope you can find some ways to help her and also spend as much time as you can with her (hugs)

I'm so sorry to hear this about your mom. My mom had dementia and it is hard seeing them get worse little by little. You & your family will be in my prayers. Like the others said also, spend as much time as you can with her and treasure every moment.

So sorry about your mom. I totally understand having a parent who is ill...my mom passed from cancer and it was the hardest thing I have ever done. And yes, spending as much time with her as you can is wonderful and something you will always cherish. I do, even though it was never enough. Thinking of you!! Hugs...

Mama fear
    I am so sorry for your beloved mum's diagnosis. I don't know much about Parkinson's so I don't have good advice or word of wisdom other than to say you both are in my thoughts and I pray for only good things for you and your family. Family is such a blessing and moms somehow are just extra special in the unconditional love they have for their children.
    Stay strong, hun
    Jennifer
    “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
    ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

That is crappy. Sometimes life sucks. Thinking of you

Im really sorry about your moms diagnosis, it's gotta be so tough

i have two anecdotal stories about Parkinson's if it'll make you feel better....

about 4 yrs ago, my grandpa was diagnosed with a Parkinson's-like disease, which is actually worse than Parkinson's only because there is no medications to keep it at bay. He's 83 now and has had some really tough times. He's still mobile for the most part. There have been some really scary times when we thought he was gonna die but he's pulled through. I've noticed that when he is at his worst, he is also mentally at his worst. In general though, he has remained positive and has accepted the illness. He's been able to lead the life he wants, going out to dinner, spending time with family, and watching football games

Another woman, who was close to my other grandparents before they died, is 87. She was diagnosed with Parkinson's a number of years ago. She is almost completely immobile. However, I never see her without a smile on her face and very glamorous attire. She is one of the most gracious and lovely people I know. Despite her illness, her and her husband do things together and they are very happy.

i think what these stories say is that accepting this illness for what it is is very important, but its also important to understand it does not have to define you. It's ok to be sad and scared. However, your mom is still your lovely mother. Nothing has changed. I know it's hard but remaining positive in the face of this horrible disease will be what saves everyone

feel better HUGS

Thanks for your kind words. It's so horrible to watch. I'm too scared to ask her if she's feeling any worse because I don't want to hear her say it. I know she is though, and I feel like she'll stop being my mum because all the things she does and the way she is will change. I am just so sad.

Facebook Donna Mutch

HUGS. Hard to watch someone you love go through that. My sis has YOPD.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Sweetie my Uncle Billy also has Parkinsons disease. I know how terrifying it can be! Honestly though, he was like her, he got worse in a short amount of time and they tried a few things with him and though he still shakes some the disease has slowed. He is now working 2 jobs and doing pretty good. He was diagnosed about 6 yrs ago and he's done amazingly well. Praying for you and your mom sweetie. And you just stay strong and pray also. Never give up faith! Always here if you need to talk xoxox
    " Take the First step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. "

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum's health problems. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers!

That's sad to hear! It is especially hard because of her age. I'm so sorry. How long has she had it?Xx

Facebook Donna Mutch