Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Having major panic :(

So I got what I thought was food poisoning on January 30th which turned out to be a stomach bug.. And since then I have been even more panicky about getting it again.

Everybody seems to be getting the norovirus lately and I'm taking every precaution going, I don't even like going out. Someone at work on their week off got a stomach bug and she came to work Saturday and threw up but I didn't come into work until she'd left.

Today, I was working with her but I haven't had my hands or anything near my mouth, she's recovered and we were leaving work and going to the room where we keep our coats and we passed the toilets where the disabled toilet door was wide open and there was an extremely strong smell of sick down the corridor.. My heard sunk and I went into panic

The cleaner was in and it looked like the toilet had all been cleaned from where I was stood, I didn't go in the toilet I just walked 5ft past it.. Do you think I will have inhaled the vomit particles in the air? Or will they have settled sooner? I'm so scared! I don't want to get sick again.

Any answers so appreciated!

Default Re: Having major panic :(

Someone please help

No honey i think your going to be just fine....Take a deep breath... dont let the anxiety get the best of you....Easier said then done i know. As long as you washed your hands and havent touched your face your golden!

Are you sure ill be okay? I woke up feeling funny but can't tell if I'm hungry I have read somewhere it could have been the smell of the mop going sour.. It did look like the door was just mopped, but still I'm worried the vomit particles might have got in my mouth :/

I think you are going to be fine. You will only really catch norovirus from inhaling particles if you are directly with someone when they *v or have *d, not just by walking past a toilet that smells like *v. The virus particles are quite heavy so fall to the ground quite quickly and only stay airbourne for a small period of time. Please try not to panic, you've been washing your hands and keeping them away from your mouth and nose so you should be absolutely fine.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe